Turtle Farm? When i go to the website for the

helicopter

:confused:Turtle Farm it says 45/pp, I 'm guessing that is for all that the park offers. What if I just want to go to the area with the turtle (as I did in 2000)? I can see that you can get a tour for 20.00/pp at the pier that includes turtle farm, but I can't image that includes entrance fee. I have 7 people so that would mean right at 300.00 just to get into the Turtle Farm. Surely there is something cheaper just for the Turtle area and not all the other stuff (we have other things to do on the island so we really aren't interested the in the other)

Turtles only, booked on your own, is $30 pp. http://www.turtle.ky/book-now

I believe the tour operators may get a discounted rate because you don't get to stay at the park very long when you're with a tour, maybe a half hour or an hour, whereas if you go on your own you get to stay as long as you like.

• 2 weeks later...
:confused:Turtle Farm it says 45/pp, I 'm guessing that is for all that the park offers. What if I just want to go to the area with the turtle (as I did in 2000)? I can see that you can get a tour for 20.00/pp at the pier that includes turtle farm, but I can't image that includes entrance fee. I have 7 people so that would mean right at 300.00 just to get into the Turtle Farm. Surely there is something cheaper just for the Turtle area and not all the other stuff (we have other things to do on the island so we really aren't interested the in the other)

Yes the $45 deal is to see all the parts of the turtle farm. For admission to just the turtle tanks area, if you go to the turtle farm and buy tickets there, they charge $18.00 per adult at the farm's ticket counter. The local minibus service is $2.50 per person each way (if you search other posts for [bus Grand Cayman] you'll see more details on that service).

The turtle farm offers that "turtle tanks only" ticket for $30 per adult if you buy it online, but that also includes transport from the cruise terminal and back.

The tour offered at the pier that you mentioned, if it says it includes turtle farm probably includes "turtle tanks only" entrance, but you would need to confirm that before you buy it. Those tours may have other stops too, so it depends on whether you want to do those, or just take the public minibus to go to the turtle farm and back to downtown to do the other things you are planning.

Archived