Advance Dining Reservations on All Ships

NW Pacific

Is this now available? Read on my roll call (Pearl) that poster made advance rewservations online for up-charge restaurants, thought this was only available for Epic?

Any comments??

Thought I would ask here instead of roll call, to get a broader answer.

Sail away is the end of April.

Is this now available? Read on my roll call (Pearl) that poster made advance rewservations online for up-charge restaurants, thought this was only available for Epic?

Any comments??

Thought I would ask here instead of roll call, to get a broader answer.

Sail away is the end of April.

Yes, it's available now fleetwide. You may call if you have more than 45 days before your cruise to reserve; or, you may reserve online if you have 45 days or less before sailing. In any case, you have to pre-pay (not w/ OBC) but with your credit card/debit card.

Happy sailing!

I don't like the idea of pre-paying for the restaurants on board. I'd rather pay after the meal and have it wrapped into my cruise bill. Guess I may not get my preferred dining time though! Wonder which restaurants are toughest to book on the Pearl. I would guess it would be Cagney's and the Le Bistro....

-aj

I don't like the idea of pre-paying for the restaurants on board. I'd rather pay after the meal and have it wrapped into my cruise bill. Guess I may not get my preferred dining time though! Wonder which restaurants are toughest to book on the Pearl. I would guess it would be Cagney's and the Le Bistro....

-aj

Just got off the Star. Did not do advance on-line bookings although they were available. We ate at 4 up-charge restaurants, 2 of which we booked the day of by phone and 2 we just walked up and were able to be accommodated right away. We asked about this while on the ship and only about 30% of the tables are available to be pre-booked before boarding. They don't want people getting on the ship and then finding that everything is already sold-out.

We did not go to Cagney's but could have as there was space many evenings. Reserved the Bistro the morning of and when I asked for 7h30 they could only give my 7h45, fine for us.

They have screens outside all the restaurants including the dining room showing availability with green, yellow, and red lights to indicate what is open. Got a pager one night for Versailles and it went off in 15 min.

No worries, it's still freestyle!

-aj

The only place you'll have any issues booking is Teppanyaki. All the others are usually available as walk up so should not be a problem. We've always waited until the day we wanted to go to book and never had a problem.

I agree with the no need to make a reservation. I've always been able to just walk up and get seated...or with just very minimum wait. Other than Teppanyaki, and that's because of the limited seating, the restaurants are never that busy.

I agree with the no need to make a reservation. I've always been able to just walk up and get seated...or with just very minimum wait. Other than Teppanyaki, and that's because of the limited seating, the restaurants are never that busy.

Wow! I keep hearing this over and over. It's never really like that on the RCCL ships, although they just have usually 2 extra upcharge restaurants. I am on the Sky in May and Breakaway in July 2013 and will pre book. I'm just nervous I won't get what I want.

Archived