How To Deal with Work Between Cruises ... Please Feel Free to Add Your Suggestions

bob&karen

This cruise addiction thing has truly gotten out of hand. We came off our latest adventure two weeks ago tomorrow -- the thing is, usually I'd be in major P.C.D. by now (Post-Cruise Depression, to the uninitiated) but in fact I'm still riding a nice post-cruise buzz and feeling almost - not quite, but almost - as blissful as when I was on the ship.

Here's my secret:

The Ideal Between-Cruise Work Space Environment

What I'd like to know is - who else out there has favorite cruising trinkets, souviners, or rituals that help them get by - especially through the 9-to-5 sturm-und-drang? PLEASE kick in here with your suggestions! I'd love to compare notes with others on how you cope.

Bob

P.S. - Today at work, I called a place we do business with and the receptionist responded with "Oh! You're the guy they told me to talk to about taking a cruise!! We've been thinking about it and ... (etc etc etc)

One of the more flattering moments of my life ...

Ship_at_island.gif

"These moments we’re left with - may you always remember

These moments are shared, by few

And those harbor lights, lord they’re coming into view

We’ll bid our farewells much too soon

So drink it up, this one’s for you -

Honey, it’s been a lovely cruise."

-- James W. Buffett

Carnival Triumph, April '02

Carnival Sensation, January '04

Golden Princess, April '04

Carnival Sensation, Golden Princess / Caribbean Princess pix at: Cool Cruisin' Pix

e-mail: bobandkarenny@yahoo.com

LOL - Bob... love the cube icon_smile.gif

How to deal? Live thru others on this board until I can't stand it anymore and book another icon_wink.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;7;3;17;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

until Century Western Carribean cruise time!

Then let the countdown to Carnival Miracle 08/07/04 begin

Carnival Fantasy - 02/04

... one cruise leads to another and another and another...

Hi..good question! There is one other person in my office who likes to "talk cruising"...but not as much as I do LOL...

Now, my office is part of a much bigger company...(we are just a branch). Corporate Hdqtrs happens to be across the parking lot...ahhhh..the girls over in accounting...they LOVE TO CRUISE icon_biggrin.gif. One of the gals recently went on Princess -- Panama Canal cruise. Whenever I feel the "blues" about having to wait for my next cruise...I call her up and we chat about our cruises....ships...whatever!..It helps ALOT!

I never knew how many people love to cruise until I found these boards icon_smile.gif

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

That's what I use these boards for!! icon_cool.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;9;11;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

'til the cruise of the Century

Celebrity Horizon '97

RCCL Sovereign '98

Grand Princess '99

RCCL Enchantment '00

Ocean Princess '01

RCCL Radiance '02

Golden Princess 4/5/03

RCCL Navigator 1/10/04

Celebrity Century 9/11/04

Diamond Princess-Alaska 9/05

I just play with my Barbie Vacation Cruise Ship!

0002708400663_500X500.jpg

This ship 10/91

That ship 11/95

Whatever ship 12/98

here a ship 13/99

there a ship 14/00

everywhere

a

ship ship 15/05

<font size="3" color=red>Over 1 year</font> into my LMBO cruise

I work at a couple of computers during the course of the day and the one I have to sit at during the stressful hour that ENDS the day has "my next ship" set as desktop background. Found a SPLENDID photo of Millennium almost as soon as we came back, although ChesterH has an even better one linked to one installment of his Millie review (I've put THAT one on my home laptop) ...

TR

Millennium 12/12/04

Mercury 4/04, Infinity 8/03, Century 3/03 & 9/02

Well, first you book another cruise. I currently have four X cruises booked for the October through May season. Then every day you check prices and cabin availability(you can never be sure when 'the perfect cabin' will come up). That kills part of that pesky work time. Then you go on cruise critic and live through everyone else who just got back from their cruise. By then it should be lunch time.

Try to find a place for lunch where they will either serve you multiple courses or a guy will come around with a big pepper grinder. This will remind you of your cruise. Go back to work

and email the friends you made on your last couple of cruises. Some of them will be at work but some of them will be retired and will IM you and you can have a nice chat. Log onto Celebrity one more time to check prices and cabins and it should be about time to go home.

Do this on a regular basis and you should have LOTS more time to cruise. If you can set up your unemployment checks to go directly to X you've got it made for those back to backs! Hope this was helpful!

Until the Zenith! Second X Cruise In Two Months!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;4;11;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Newt, let me know if the Barbie and her cruise ship really helps, and I'll borrow one from the granddaughters! icon_smile.gif

CC does it for me, along with research for my next ports of call. Doesn't work too well always, as my next cruise is still 6 months away. icon_frown.gif I really need to be able to go every 3 months. Would fit my needs so much better! Anyone have a few thousand to loan me for my "habit"??? icon_wink.gif

Nita

I like the idea of decorating the cube. All I have done so far is print my calendars with cruise ship and cruise ship pictures. I'm the only one in the office that knows what day the 4th of July falls on for the next six years and it is helpful!

Best is to book another cruise before withdrawal sets in but DH isn't agreeing so next best is to leave traps for him to fall into so he has to book to get out of the doghouse. I think he's caught on and is on exemplary behaviour so far but it can't last and in the meantime, I'll just figure out what the next one will be. Actually the Mercury January 7th comes to mind since I already have a file on it! He accuses me of setting him up and I keep telling him that he just has good taste.

I could find the money but time is the issue. My boss seriously believes that I should be there on a full time basis to insure that the computer system doesn't go into meltdown. Of course I'm stuck humoring him or the previous becomes the issue!

Tuggers, you only had 2 booked so where did the other 2 come from? Was going to ask if you wanted to come with us but you'll be on the Horizon! Did the Board of Directors pass the benefit again for this year? If they did then I will get going on that next.

Horizon's First Balcony 3/04

http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=viewall&albumID=125594606

Donna

Cruise Total: 8 Dawn Princess 12/8/01, Dawn Princess 8/19/02, Celebrity Century - 1/04/03, Carnival Fascination 5/2/03 Celebrity Horizon 3/1/04

DonnaW I booked the Zenith for 14 nights in November and something that I've forgotten for March or April. I really just booked the

second one with the intention of moving the on board credit. I made a friend on the Zenith who likes to cruise and has lots of free time so we are doing the 14 day together (platonic, seperate cabins)which will, I think, be very nice. We spent a lot of time together on the last Zenith along with another friend and had a great time, do not feel the need to be joined at the hip, just enjoy some things together then go off and do our own thing and meet up for before dinner drinks and dinner. If it works out we'll probably do it some more.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;4;11;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by desarae82:

Newt, let me know if the Barbie and her cruise ship really helps, and I'll borrow one from the granddaughters! icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nita, of course it helps, I put GI Joe in there, you wouldn't believe what fun I have!

This ship 10/91

That ship 11/95

Whatever ship 12/98

here a ship 13/99

there a ship 14/00

everywhere

a

ship ship 15/05

<font size="3" color=red>Over 1 year</font> into my LMBO cruise

Bob that is quite a cube. Thought I was a cruise nut. I usually visit CC and another board daily at work but this past week I get an error message saying "website forbidden - considered chat?4_14_1.gif Guess I got caught. so not I have to wait until I get home to read the boards.

I too have a silk Hawaiian Lei in my office, along with a countdown clock on my computer listing my next cruise. A stuffed seal from Princess, Hawaii photos on my desk, a caribbean CD and Celebrity pens. But by the looks of your photo my office is a little to barren.

Oh and if I don't have a cruise planned I am really depressed. And like so many others the only folks who have cruised in our building have only been once and they don't seem to be as hyped up as me. Someone did make a door sign for me at work. I am known as the cruisin Queen.

Karen & Paul kmbix56@wmconnect.com

8_3_23.gif

http://community.webshots.com/album/124134511FOjEih

Galaxy B2B 10/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;10;16;17;45;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Mercury 03/04

Radiance 01/04

Summit 09/03, Infinity B2B Hawaii 03/03,Infinity 10/02,

Maasdam 07/02, Sun Princess 03/02,Maasdam 11/01,Statendam 07/01,Dolphin 1990?

Tuggers,

I am so jealous and so glad for you at the same time. I really need to find a job with more vacation or the next sixteen years are going to move really slow!

I'm glad you found some new buddies to pal around with even though I know you've never had a problem meeting and making new friends. Just helps to build the excitement if you have someone to chat with before hand.

Now back to my original question, did they extend the stockholders benefit? I checked the website last week and it didn't show it. I need to get something planned because losing weight is at a standstill (still suffering post cruise blues). Need motivation to pull out that dress from the Nordic Prince Cruise and start working to make it fit!

Horizon's First Balcony 3/04

http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=viewall&albumID=125594606

Donna

Cruise Total: 8 Dawn Princess 12/8/01, Dawn Princess 8/19/02, Celebrity Century - 1/04/03, Carnival Fascination 5/2/03 Celebrity Horizon 3/1/04

Sorry Donna, kinda cruised right over that question!

Yes, the shareholders dept tells me it has been approved but will not be released until the annual stockholders meeting which I believe will be in May or June. I know dividends will be paid to all stock owners who have stock as of June sometime so meeting is usually before that. I'm thinking it's May. I'm racking up some impressive credit getting that little benefit! Combined with my onboard booking credit I always have at least $400 to $450 in onboard credit!

If I were you next time I was on board I would just book a cruise far out time wise. You can always move it but you protect your credit by saving the booking number. YOU KNOW YOU're GOING TO TALK HIM INTO GOING AGAIN! And yes, I was yelling! LOL!

Archived