Pre and Post cruise hotels

Our flight gets in at 5AM and there's a "day room" that we can use at a hotel, similar to the set up the day we get off the ship. Will it be the same hotel for both? My parents said when they cruised PG they split the passengers up and some went to one hotel while others went to another. Is one better and how do they determine where you go? Also, we want to shop in the market in Papeete. Would it be best to do that the day we get in or just before we fly out and how easy is it to shop as far as proximity to the hotels, the ship, airport, etc?

Thanks so much for answering all my endless questions. As the cruise gets closer I realize I have no idea what I'm doing and I'm such a planner..eek!!!

We were on that flight in December..When we arrived I believe all the passangers who booked air through the PG were brought to the Intercontinental and had an included buffet bkfst which was very nice as the ATN bkfst was awful. After the cruise we were taken to the Raddison ( after an island tour ) which you can opt out of. Your travel docs should name the hotels they are using. The IC is closer to Papeete.

I would suggest the market on the last day. If you have a quick breakfast you can check in your hand bags and walk over to the market from the ship. Its possible to do it the first ay but I am so excited to be on board that I cannot be bothered to go to the market. Neither hotel is close to the market. Radisson is quite far and the IC is a reasonable distance away - $20 by taxi.

Just an added note for both properties. Radisson has free shuttles to town(across from the market twice daily(2 drop-offs and two pickups). You have to sign up for them, both directions. IC has arranged transportation for $4.00 per person approx each. That is each direction. Not saying this will fit needs post and pre-cruise, but just advising they are in place!

We haven't received our cruise docs either, but our invoice from PG Cruises states right on it that our post-cruise day room is at the IC Papeete. Take a look at your invoice (not the one from your TA, but the one from PG Cruises) - that should show you where your day room is.

When we stayed at the IC, we just hopped the Le Truck into town to visit the market. The stop is right across the street from the entrance to the IC, and there are various Le Truck stops around town. It only costs about a buck each way.

Doing the market pre-cruise or post-cruise - you can easily do it either day, but I would say it will depend on how you feel. I know that I wouldn't want to go shopping on the very day I arrive - you're going to be exhausted after an overnight flight, and getting accustomed to the heat. If I were you, I'd spend the first day hangin' in the pool (haven't been to the Radisson, but if you get the IC, the pools are exquisite!). Then go shopping the last day.

We stayed at the Radisson 2 nights pre-cruise and had a day room post cruise in 2009. Is was very nice. They have an infinity pool and an excellent restaurant and bar. Drinks were quite pricey though. It is about a 20 minute bus ride to the airport. The rooms were quite elegant as well.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331964275.178796.jpg.378fadc4197260e2390e4723ee806443.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331964326.007389.jpg.116f75289888d59270d92276ffede990.jpg

Archived