buying a bottle of wine..

I thought I read somewhere here that you could buy a bottle of wine for your cabin. A bar or dining room? I don't want it opened, just to have a glass while getting ready.

I will be on the Allure Sunday

Thank you

Now that you mention it, when you buy a wine package or a bottle in the MDR or where ever, you can take it with you to your cabin.

Question, does the bottle have to be uncorked in the dining venue?

You can buy a bottle of wine at any bar to take back to your cabin. Your room steward will provide a corkscrew if you so request. I believe you can also order a bottle of wine from room service. No, bottle does not have to be uncorked if you take it from the dining room.

You can get a bottle at most of the bars on the ship, uncorked or not. I think that room service has a limited number of bottles for sale. If you get a package, you cannot order a package bottle from room service or from a bar, only from a restaurant (including the Windjammer).

Room service can provide an large ice bucket to chill white wines, as well as glasses and a corkscrew. But I find it quicker to bring my own corkscrew (and Vacu-vin sealer to keep it fresh) and pick up ice and glasses from a bar.

And just so you know, even though it's too late for you, you can pre-order from the Royal site and have it delivered to your cabin on any day of your cruise. We had bubblie there when we got on the Allure Sunday and a second bottle delivered a couple of days later.

And just so you know, even though it's too late for you, you can pre-order from the Royal site and have it delivered to your cabin on any day of your cruise. We had bubblie there when we got on the Allure Sunday and a second bottle delivered a couple of days later.

Thanks, I'll remember that for future cruises...

Archived