Do You Remember...?

tikimon

Do you remember your 1st cruise?

How could you forget? :confused:

If you want to particapate just list the ship/date and special occasion it was for if any.

Our 1st was the Carnival Triumph Port of Miami

7 night Westeren Caribbean

Cozumel ( this is when the ship stayed in port until midnight ), Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios Jamacia

Inside cabin Deck 2 ( It was the 1st time and we didn't know back then that we needed a balcony ) hehe:(:D

December, 2000

25th Wedding Aniversary

It was the vacation where we fell in love with each other all over again and began a new love with the ocean by Cruising that has lasted and grows stronger every year we go on another one.

Life couldn't be any better! ;)

Carnival Victory, 5 night NYC-Canada, June 28 2004. We wanted to do something different for a vacation. I was in the doctor office with my youngest son (then 4 - he had pneumonia) and TV Land was on the TV in the waiting room - "The Love Boat" was on. I started thinking, "Maybe a cruise...." Then I saw an ad for cruises out of NYC to Canada - looked pretty easy. Drive to the port, less than a week commitment - if we didn't like it, we hadn't lost much. We put all 5 of us in a balcony cabin. DH wasn't sure about this cruising stuff, but he was willing to give it a try....

Our cruise history in my signature tells the rest of the story.:D

Ahhhh...so young, so innocent. 1986 on Nordic Prince (RCI) New York to Bermuda. Thought we had died and gone to heaven! Inside cabin on the lowest deck! What fun and had the time of our lives! Still love Bermuda!

5 day Carnival Celebration to the Bahamas with my stepmom in 2005/6 (?). She was going with a group of fellow teachers & one wanted a cabin to herself but noone else wanted to go stag so SM invited me & paid for my share. She really started an addiction! LOL So far, that's been my best cruise... :)

Elation-7 nights from Galveston-- detoured to the Bahamas due to a Hurricane. 7-17-05

We decided to surprise our 4 sons at Christmas with a totally different kind of vacation from mountains, disney, big cities, the beach. They will tell you it was the best Christmas ever!!

Got us all hooked!

Almost forgot....our TA called a few weeks out and CCL wanted to upgrade us free from 2 OV and 2 IS (2 adult cabins and 2 kids cabins) to 2 Grand Suites and 2 ov---absolutely heaven. Funny thing was....we really didn't understand the "upgrade" till we boarded!!!

Miracle in May 2005. 7 nights, balcony, Grand Cayman - swimming with stingrays,Cozumel- beach, Costa Maya - saw the ruins, and Belize - cave tubing. Won my first Ship on Stick. Made memories that we will never forget!

Carnival Fantasy in 1997 - 4 nights to Bahamas.

It was during our flight from Bangor, ME to Orlando that we found out that our special needs son does not do well when flying (he appears to lose consiousness when landing).

After boarding the ship - our first stop was the infirmary - where the doctor on board told us that we shouldn't fly with him again!

So after a wonderful cruise... we ignored our return airline tickets, rented a car and drove home.

We have made the 2 day drive 4 more times since then, and have fortunatley discovered sailing out of New York is so much more enjoyable.

[/b]

December 12, 2000. Honeymoon Cruise. Sensation out of Tampa....stops in Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and New Orleans.

Riviera deck, towards aft, ocean view.

Unforgettable.

January 2008

5 nights on the Fantasy out of NOLA

Our honeymoon!!!

We were originally supposed to stop in Costa Maya and Cozumel, but the itinerary was changed due to hurricane damage I believe. We stopped in Progresso and Cozumel!

I feel in love with cruising and can't wait to FINALLY go on our third cruise this year!

My first cruise was July 1998 Carnival Sensation. It was a 7 day from Tampa and went to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and New Orleans.

My sister had gone on a couple of cruise with her then boyfriend now husband and loved it. She convinced my parents to take the family on a cruise. The entire family became addicted. It has been an annual tradition since.

My first was October 1983 the NCL Sunward 2 from Miami for 3 days to Nassau and Little Stirrup Cay (NCL's Island). The cruise director had everyone yelling out "Bahamarama!!!" and t shirts that said "Dive In" and "Sail On".

I've been on close to 20 cruises since then with various cruise lines.

Henry Clay, sixty-five night cruise from Guam, no ports though. I had small interior that I shared with ninety people.

Thanks for that, Joe. I bet there was no Lido deck, huh? But where there Rum Runners?

Our first cruise was in 1989 on the Carnival Tropicale (pictured in my avitar) on a southern Caribbean itinerary out of San Juan.

;)

Vaguely...we were young :p, with a rowdy group and we consumed a LOT of alcohol...starting with being totalled at muster drill. :eek:

yes...we were the young people that others complain about :D:D

No, I do remember that cruise very well and to be honest that first cruise did NOT hook me on cruising.

It was the CCL Celebration and I wasn't impressed. It was 1991.

We didn't cruise again until 2003, and that was on the CCL Holiday and THAT is when I got hooked. It blew me away. We had our kids with us (14 and 16 at the time) and the food,entertainment and service were outstanding...(especially compared with our first cruise) and CCL cruises were outstanding like that for us (up until around 2008).

I look at it as we had 5 fabulous Carnival years....

Very memorable :-)

Carnival Destiny, October 1998. We were married onboard and then sailed off on our honeymoon. We had a balcony cabin and excellent service. I was immediately hooked!

Leave tomorrow for Galveston - setting sail on the Magic on Sunday :-)

If you want to particapate just list the ship/date and special occasion it was for if any.

;)

Actually I DONT remember my first cruise, as I was only two years old!

My family went on the SS France (which became the Norway in the 90's) in 1967. I dont remember it at all, but my older siblings sure do! In those days the kids ate in a completely different dining room and were tended to by the cabin stewards while the parents went out clubbing and smoking! the pictures are fantastic and I even still have some of the menus and daily event sheets. I dont know what the occasion was for my family but I do know that it went to the southern Caribbean from NY and it was very formal.

First one I can remember? May 1989, honeymoon, 7 days on NCL Norwegian Seaward.

Archived