Allure 02/26/12 - 03/04/12 Western Review

I am so happy you are posting the Kids 3-11 activities. We kust booked the Allure for August 26. The last time we went we had two kids under 3 so didn't get to do this. Now they will be 4 and 3 and are looking forward to all these activities! Thanks again, and look forward to hearing more about your trip!

I do think RCCL needs to look at why they don't have the kids program going on the first night of the cruise both from the revenue side and also the guest side of the issue. How many people have signed up for Choice Dining online and then had a problem when they discover the kids program isn't available on night 1?

I figured we would have issues with the shows since we booked 5 days out from sailing and couldn’t book anything. I was amazed when I took the TV Remote and was able to book everything except the DreamWorks Breakfasts for the girls. In the end I was able to book 2 out 3 of the DreamWorks Breakfasts.

Thanks! On Oasis, we had a single show to reschedule and I went to studio B to do it, and was lucky to be 3 rd in line, but that looked slow ( one lady in front was booking all her shows but needed to ask detailed questions about the plot of each one before she decided:rolleyes:) and I wondered if I could wait till the cabin opened at 1 and do it, or if that would be "too late". Good to know that worked for you! So my girls ( 15 years older than yours) want to do a character breakfast- so some things never change:rolleyes:

I think your heads up about the kids program will be helpful to other families! Maybe they can choose a more family friendly dining option from the options for the first night ( or maybe it had to be CHOPS?)

Thanks! On Oasis, we had a single show to reschedule and I went to studio B to do it, and was lucky to be 3 rd in line, but that looked slow ( one lady in front was booking all her shows but needed to ask detailed questions about the plot of each one before she decided:rolleyes:) and I wondered if I could wait till the cabin opened at 1 and do it, or if that would be "too late". Good to know that worked for you! So my girls ( 15 years older than yours) want to do a character breakfast- so some things never change:rolleyes:

I think your heads up about the kids program will be helpful to other families! Maybe they can choose a more family friendly dining option from the options for the first night ( or maybe it had to be CHOPS?)

Yes, if you did Choice Dining you had to eat at Chops or I think your other option was Giovanni's ?

I actually attempted to see if I could get it the second day and tried 2 different places and was told no at both.

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

Day 3 – Labadee

We slept in late and went to the Windjammer for Breakfast as everyone was getting off in Labadee. After Breakfast we changed and brought the girls to the H2O Zone. The water was a little cool and the girls really didn’t want to stay in the water that much so we only stayed for about an hour. We then did what we like to do on port days and just enjoy the ship while everyone is off in the ports. We usually go ashore in Labadee but just decided to relax and enjoy the ship. We brought the girls to the Windjammer for some lunch and then they all decided to take a nap. I went to the Park Café for a Roast Beef Sandwich and Salad. After Oasis last November the Park Café has become my favorite place to have lunch when onboard Oasis Class. When I went back to the cabin everyone was still sleeping so I took my laptop bag and camera bags to the Diamond Lounge to do some photo and video editing. When everyone was awake I dropped my 1 year old off at the Nursery while my wife dropped our 4 year old off at Adventure Oceans for dinner with the other kids while we went to MTD. After dinner we went and got my 4 year old since she loved the Aqua Show on Oasis we wanted her to see this one also. After getting her we went to the Aqua Theater for Ocean Aria which was great our daughter loved it.

20120229-Jeff-D90-AllureCruise-L.jpg

20120229-Jeff-S95-AllureCruise-L.jpg

I then went to get my 1 year old at the Nursery and met back up with my wife and older daughter on the Boardwalk where they rode the carousel and played on the play area by Rita’s again.

Day 4 – Falmouth, Jamaica

We spent the day onboard with the girls and enjoyed the ship while everyone was in Falmouth. After lunch we brought the girls out to the miniature golf it was their first time ever playing miniature golf.

20120229-Jeff-S95-AllureCruise-X3.jpg

20120229-Jeff-S95-AllureCruise-X3.jpg

They had fun learning. Some people wonder why we don’t get off and we choose the ships now as a resort and if we have been to the ports in the past we really don’t see a reason to get off. Most ports have become 1 big jewelry store. The excursions really are not aimed towards 1 & 4 year olds either. What we have found is with Oasis & Freedom Class the ship is the resort and has enough to offer all of us without getting off.

As 5:30 approached we got both girls ready for Adventure Ocean & the Nursery where they would have dinner with the other kids in their age groups. For dinner we went to Samba Grill tonight and the food and service was excellent. We are used to this type of restaurant and eat at Texas de Brazil in Orlando all the time. When comparing them I thought the meats were more juicy at Samba Grill where Texas de Brazil is more dry. As far as Flavor goes I think Texas de Brazil beat out Samba Grill on Flavor. Everything was pretty similar except Samba Grill uses a Red-Green-White Type Light System instead of the Red & Green Card on the table. Everything considered the Samba Grill was a great choice for dinner.

20120304-Jeff-S95-Allure-0274-L.jpg

20120304-Jeff-S95-Allure-0276-L.jpg

20120304-Jeff-S95-Allure-0277-L.jpg

After Dinner we went and got the girls then went out to the Boardwalk and also Pets At Sea where the girls each built a new friend.

20120304-Jeff-D90-Allure-0008-L.jpg

We then went down to some of the character appearances on the Promenade.

so booking so last minute....did you get a good deal....we are planning another cruise in August with my family and my son has really wanting to go on this ship. I am not crazy about the ports on either Oasis class ship but I told him I would look into it. I looked at prices last week then again yesterday and the prices had went up alot so I didn't know if that was morning for the oasis class for the prices to go up as the cruise gets closer rather than down. I realize you didn't go in the summer time but I would think spring break is just as crowded.

so booking so last minute....did you get a good deal....we are planning another cruise in August with my family and my son has really wanting to go on this ship. I am not crazy about the ports on either Oasis class ship but I told him I would look into it. I looked at prices last week then again yesterday and the prices had went up alot so I didn't know if that was morning for the oasis class for the prices to go up as the cruise gets closer rather than down. I realize you didn't go in the summer time but I would think spring break is just as crowded.

We just wanted to go and paid the price. It wasn't a deal. To me we paid premium pricing but it was worth it.

Most of the time we book 5 -15 days from sailing. It's easy for us since we are in the Orlando area. I can't imagine waiting a year to sail like most people do.

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

Archived