Allure 02/26/12 - 03/04/12 Western Review

We just wanted to go and paid the price. It wasn't a deal. To me we paid premium pricing but it was worth it.

Most of the time we book 5 -15 days from sailing. It's easy for us since we are in the Orlando area. I can't imagine waiting a year to sail like most people do.

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

thanks for the info...thats the important thing that you had a great time so you dont feel it was a waste of money. I am sure its a great ship.

Thanks for the review and posting the teen info. We will be onboard in June with my almost 17 year old. We habe sailed RC before but was mot sure if Allure would have different things with all the new venues.

I'm trying to choose between Oasis (eastern) or Allure (western) to celebrate my daughter's 21st birthday. We've been to most of the ports already. You've sailed on both ships--which do you like better?

Thanks!

That is a good question and the answer isn't that simple. Each ship has some positives and some negatives and so does eastern & western.

I would say it depends on what you are looking for. If you want to "Party" with your daughter the western is what you want for Cozumel.

One of the areas I think Oasis was better was in the Nursery and Adventure Oceans Staff but that won't effect you and your daughter.

In the end they are almost equal.

If you want Rita's and Samba Grill then you want Allure.

If you want Seafood Shack you want Oasis.

The Aqua Show on Allure would have a slight edge over Oasis.

Abbacadabra on Oasis would beat out Earl Turner on Allure.

Chicago we were unable to see it so I can't comment on that.

Ice Games on Allure was better.

I keep going back and forth on which one we want to go on again in the fall.

You can't go wrong with either one.

Thanks so much for sharing looking forward to my first RCL cruise in just 87 days.

You will have a great time.

I see back in 93 you were also on Mardi Gras and that is where cruising began for me also. I thought that ship was the greatest back then. Look at where cruising has gone now. Never could have dreamed of this in 1993? People would have thought you were crazy? It's been fun seeing the cruise industry grow and mature to what it is today.

Thanks for the review and posting the teen info. We will be onboard in June with my almost 17 year old. We habe sailed RC before but was mot sure if Allure would have different things with all the new venues.

It is great for people of all ages, you can't go wrong with Royal Caribbean. We have tried most of the cruises lines out there and Royal Caribbean is what we prefer.

Your girls are just adorable! I work with preschoolers and there is nothing like the joy a 4 yo brings to the world!

I have to compliment you on your parenting too. It's not easy for folks to resist the temptation to do it all or things that aren't age appropriate for their kids. You and your wife's ability to recognize and respond to your girls own needs will serve you ( and them) well! Sometimes it's easy to forget how fleeting this "stage" is and we try to push our children. Realizing that this is a short period in their lives and that soon enough you won't be able to keep up with them, is wise beyond your stage in life;):D Lucky girls!

Your girls are just adorable! I work with preschoolers and there is nothing like the joy a 4 yo brings to the world!

I have to compliment you on your parenting too. It's not easy for folks to resist the temptation to do it all or things that aren't age appropriate for their kids. You and your wife's ability to recognize and respond to your girls own needs will serve you ( and them) well! Sometimes it's easy to forget how fleeting this "stage" is and we try to push our children. Realizing that this is a short period in their lives and that soon enough you won't be able to keep up with them, is wise beyond your stage in life;):D Lucky girls!

Thank you, the girls really love cruising and most people can't understand how they can and some say they won't remember it but they do. This was my 4 year olds 8th cruise and my 1 year olds 4th cruise. My 4 year old can still remember a monkey taking her cereal from her stroller approaching the dock in Costa Maya in 2009.

The way we see it is the cruises are for the girls not us. My wife and I are working around the clock when we are home and between computers and phones we don't get a break. Once we board we are out of contact for a week with the exception of 2 or 3 people watching the house and pets that have the number to the cell we leave in the cabin (Family Plan Cell, nobody but 3 people have this number) all other phones are off.

When they get older we will start doing the excursions again with them but for now excursions are not a priority.

I grew up just down the street from you in Natick and growing up didn't have any "Real" vacations with the family. I just want my girls to have what I didn't growing up. They are only this age once and then it is gone.

This cruise we did have 2 situations arrise. The first one was the first night of the cruise where they both acted up probably from sitting in the van on the way down from Orlando and then on the last night of the cruise as we were approaching port my 1 year old got motion sickness as we started to pull out of the current around 4AM toward Fort Lauderdale. Once we were docked it was over. Those were our only 2 issues and problems.

Thank you, the girls really love cruising and most people can't understand how they can and some say they won't remember it but they do. This was my 4 year olds 8th cruise and my 1 year olds 4th cruise. My 4 year old can still remember a monkey taking her cereal from her stroller approaching the dock in Costa Maya in 2009.

The way we see it is the cruises are for the girls not us. My wife and I are working around the clock when we are home and between computers and phones we don't get a break. Once we board we are out of contact for a week with the exception of 2 or 3 people watching the house and pets that have the number to the cell we leave in the cabin (Family Plan Cell, nobody but 3 people have this number) all other phones are off.

When they get older we will start doing the excursions again with them but for now excursions are not a priority.

I grew up just down the street from you in Natick and growing up didn't have any "Real" vacations with the family. I just want my girls to have what I didn't growing up. They are only this age once and then it is gone.

This cruise we did have 2 situations arrise. The first one was the first night of the cruise where they both acted up probably from sitting in the van on the way down from Orlando and then on the last night of the cruise as we were approaching port my 1 year old got motion sickness as we started to pull out of the current around 4AM toward Fort Lauderdale. Once we were docked it was over. Those were our only 2 issues and problems.

I think there are two schools of thought on travel with kids (the reasonable ones, not the goof balls who say the best time to take them on a trip is when they are thirty!:rolleyes:)

One is to wait till they can remember and you can travel more easily and the one that you and we fall into, travel, because the joy of traveling with them is worth it, so long as you adjust your expectations!:D

Let me tell you the tale from the other side (today mine are 15 and 17 YO's) We traveled with our girls when they were little and have never stopped. What we got for our efforts are young ladies who...

1) Are flexible and comfortable out of their element

2) will eat anything (at least once)

3) DO have some neat memories that they actually can recall

4) approach the world with a better understanding of how it really is (they've seen it!)

5) through out their school years they could "see" "explain" and "share" the places they studied in a book.

6) and as teens, without exception, when they are going to a place, they put away the tech, lift their heads and engage in the place, which is why I don't mind spending the money to take a trip with them!! In Africa, my DD's and niece made an agreement among themselves to lock the Ipods in the safe, and make sure they only used them on planes, so not to miss anything.:D

Looking forward to the rest of your review, I'm sure all kids have an occassional meltdown, (I've seen quite a few adults have one!) but overall, I'm sure your girls were delightful!

This is great info. I am taking notes. Haven't booked our cruise yet, but will be soon. We have been on Oasia but not Allure yet.

Do you remember how long dinner was when you ate at Samba Grill? I know sometimes you need at least 2hrs for dinner in the speciality restaurants. This way we can plan as to what time to make our reservations.

Thanks, Your review is awesome

Irene

This is great info. I am taking notes. Haven't booked our cruise yet, but will be soon. We have been on Oasia but not Allure yet.

Do you remember how long dinner was when you ate at Samba Grill? I know sometimes you need at least 2hrs for dinner in the speciality restaurants. This way we can plan as to what time to make our reservations.

Thanks, Your review is awesome

Irene

We arrived at Samba Grill at 6 PM and were the 2nd ones there when we were seated and started dinner. We finished dinner at approximately 7:19 PM (from the time I took a picture while waiting for the check). We were out of there at about 7:30 PM. When we left almost all tables were filled and it was getting busy. I would say plan on at leats 90 minutes if you get there early but 2 hours would probably be a safer bet when it gets busy.

Day 4 (continued)

I almost forgot to ad this in. While my wife and older daughter were walking down the Promenade in the morning on their way to meet me on the Boardwalk they were approached by a group of kids that appeared to be in their teens. They told my wife that they had been watching from above the Promenade and were searching for a little girl to make her happy. They then presented my oldest daughter with “OAKLEY” and stated that they went to Pets at Sea and made him for a special little girl and they picked her as the one to receive him. My wife said she was amazed at group of kids doing something nice like this on a cruise. If you were one of these kids THANK YOU.

Oakley03012012-L.jpg

Day 5

Started off early since this was one of the two DreamWorks Character Breakfasts were got reservations for. Like in the past it was excellent and the girls had a great time. My oldest love Princess Fiona so this just made her day.

20120304-Jeff-D90-Allure-0109-L.jpg

After the breakfast we went up to the play area in Royal Babies & Royal Tots where the girls got to play together. I then brought my 1 year old with me to the C&A Event at the Aqua Theater and let my daughter play on the play area next to Rita’s again. I am now kicking myself since I did have the chance to meet Cato Zini when he was next to me but everyone was approaching him for their picture I figured I would probably get the chance later in the day on the Diamond+ Bridge Tour. I was wrong he wasn’t on the Bridge in the afternoon.

My oldest daughter decided she wanted to go up to Adventure Ocean for the afternoon and night so I dropped her off while my wife and daughter took a nap. I then had the chance to get a Roast Beef Sandwich and Salad again @ the Park Café.

I then went to the meeting area for the D+ Bridge Tour and after going through security we went on the Bridge. The tour was conducted by one of the Officers who was from Argentina. He did an excellent job at explaining everything and taking the time to answer questions.

20120304-Jeff-D90-Allure-0142-L.jpg

20120304-Jeff-D90-Allure-0139-L.jpg

20120304-Jeff-D90-Allure-0138-L.jpg

20120304-Jeff-D90-Allure-0134-L.jpg

It was then off to dinner when I returned to the cabin. At the end of dinner the Head Waiter and Waiters surrounded us and started to sing Happy Anniversary to us.

Since it looked like we had some time prior to getting the girls we went to the Headliner Show with Earl Turner. We were able to stay for about half the show prior to getting the girls. He was ok nothing great and nothing bad. I have seen better.

20120304-Jeff-S95-Allure-0287-L.jpg

After getting the girls we went to the Royal Babies & Royal Tots play are and the to the Boardwalk.

We arrived at Samba Grill at 6 PM and were the 2nd ones there when we were seated and started dinner. We finished dinner at approximately 7:19 PM (from the time I took a picture while waiting for the check). We were out of there at about 7:30 PM. When we left almost all tables were filled and it was getting busy. I would say plan on at leats 90 minutes if you get there early but 2 hours would probably be a safer bet when it gets busy.

Thanks we will make sure we give ourselves enough time

Looking forward to more! Of course we are about 15 years ahead of you in the kds dept, so it will be a little different. That's good that you mention the bug about the dining plan and kids program; for those with young kids you could book online and then be stuck:eek:

I'm also curious how you did booking shows onboard? It's something lots of people fret over, and I wonder if you got all your first choices!

Honestly it's really very simple, you book your shows online and it's over and done with, it truly doesn't get any easier than that????:confused:....K.O. near Philly

This is AWESOME!!!!I am excited to see what is available for my grandson (2 yrs). You did a wonderful thing posting this information. I also plan to share this with my daughter who will be bringing little ones ages 4 & 7. I THANK-YOU :-)

Archived