Confusion re dining on fos

We are sailing on FOS on Sept 30. We are having a Cruise/Florida informantion (with wine) evening and my DF is overcome with emulsion!!!!We do not have My Time Dining and are now a bit concerned when we read a thread that said we could be sitting down to our meal as early as 5.30 pm which is far too early. We thought it would be 6.30 pm which would then give us enough time to enjoy a show after our dinner. Can anyone clarify this for us?:confused:

Also, can you let us know, do we just book the shows when we board the ship or can we do it in advance?

We are sailing on FOS on Sept 30. We are having a Cruise/Florida informantion (with wine) evening and my DF is overcome with emulsion!!!!We do not have My Time Dining and are now a bit concerned when we read a thread that said we could be sitting down to our meal as early as 5.30 pm which is far too early. We thought it would be 6.30 pm which would then give us enough time to enjoy a show after our dinner. Can anyone clarify this for us?:confused:

Also, can you let us know, do we just book the shows when we board the ship or can we do it in advance?

Change your reservation to the first seating for dinner and see the show after dinner.

I have had first seating at 6:00 and at 5:30. They seem to change it randomly. I have never had it be at 6:30. The show always are scheduled around first and second seating. MTD is up to you when you schedule so you could have difficulties with shows if you do not plan ahead of time. You now book shows ahead of time on FOS. This is the first time we have done this. It has had mixed reviews. hopefully they will get the bugs worked out soon. Enjoy your cruise.

I booked shows for FOS in advance. The advantage was that you didn't wait to enter the venue for the show. If not pre-booked, they did not seat you until about 10 min. prior to show or asked you to enter on Deck 4 for shows in the Arcadia theater (Deck 3 was for those with reservations).

With that said the only show it probably really mattered was for the Ice Show. There seemed to be ample seating for the other shows. We went to the late show times because we had the Early Seating (6 pm) in MDR.

I did encounter a problem with advanced booking. Had all the shows booked for 10 (we had our reservations linked so that was possible). The only show I could not book was Once Upon a Time. Said there was no 9 pm showtime even though it showed on RCCL's itinerary. After repeated calls to RCCL, I was never able to book it, but there was a 9 pm show. We went without reservations with no problems.

The other problem I encountered was with the Ice Show. I had pre-booked the time I wanted and a couple of weeks later I had 10 blank emails titled Summary of Changes to reservation. Had me really worried at first, but this site offered help when someone said call about your show reservations. Called RCCL and they said that show time was cancelled and I needed to book it for Mon. at 3 pm. Did that because I wanted to see the show, but the Ice Show was performed at the original time I had scheduled it.

Archived