Hampton Inn Miami Airport South Blue Lagoon

hardingk

Has anyone stayed at the Hampton Inn Miami Airport South Blue Lagoon before? Is it nice? Are there places to eat nearby? How far is it from the pier? How is their shuttle to the pier and to the hotel from the airport?

TIA!!

We stay around the corner at the Homewood Suites. A local strip mall is across the street from the HI with grocery, drug and liquor :D stores, plus several dining options (Cuban, Chinese & Italian) + some fast food options (Burger KIng). POM is about a 15 minute cab ride away - fare should be just under $30 including tip. Shuttle ride to/from MIA is quick - maybe 5 minutes. Good luck! :)

we stayed there for 2 nights 2 years ago. it was clean. we rented a car so we could tour around miami before our cruise. we returned our rental car the night before our cruise so we didnt have to bother returning it that day. they had a shuttle leave from the lobby that you had to sign up for, i think they had 3 different times. it was mass confusion in the morning to be honest. the lobby was packed with people and luggage. it took a long time in my opinion to load the buses. if you do this try and take the very first bus that they offer, i think its around 10am.

the transportation from the miami airport to the hotel is fine.

we stayed there for 2 nights 2 years ago. it was clean. we rented a car so we could tour around miami before our cruise. we returned our rental car the night before our cruise so we didnt have to bother returning it that day. they had a shuttle leave from the lobby that you had to sign up for, i think they had 3 different times. it was mass confusion in the morning to be honest. the lobby was packed with people and luggage. it took a long time in my opinion to load the buses. if you do this try and take the very first bus that they offer, i think its around 10am.

the transportation from the miami airport to the hotel is fine.

Was the shuttle to the port for free or fee?

We stay around the corner at the Homewood Suites. A local strip mall is across the street from the HI with grocery, drug and liquor :D stores, plus several dining options (Cuban, Chinese & Italian) + some fast food options (Burger KIng). POM is about a 15 minute cab ride away - fare should be just under $30 including tip. Shuttle ride to/from MIA is quick - maybe 5 minutes. Good luck! :)

John...would you by chance know the name of that strip mall? Is it literally across the street? i.e. you cross over the other side and its there or is there some walking involved?

John...would you by chance know the name of that strip mall? Is it literally across the street? i.e. you cross over the other side and its there or is there some walking involved?

Exactly across the street from Hampton Inn - just what you see in most US suburbs: grocery store (Publix), Starbucks, drug store, liquor store, dry cleaners, BK, etc... Cross at the light and you are in the parking lot. Good luck! :)

We stayed there about a year ago. Great place, easy to walk to eat. Staff was excellent. We arrived early before our room was ready and they had a room that you could store your luggage. Shuttle was crazy with people going. We had them call a taxi for us, took about 5 minutes to get there. About $25-$30 to port.

Thank you for all this feedback!! We still have ahile till our cruise and are still thinking about where to stay. Airfare will play a huge factor as right now the flights into MIA are much more than FLL. Would really prefer MIA; however, its 2x the price right now!!:eek::eek:

Exactly across the street from Hampton Inn - just what you see in most US suburbs: grocery store (Publix), Starbucks, drug store, liquor store, dry cleaners, BK, etc... Cross at the light and you are in the parking lot. Good luck! :)

This is exactly what I'm looking for as we arrive late but Homewood wasn't our first choice. Any other hotels right there also?

This is exactly what I'm looking for as we arrive late but Homewood wasn't our first choice. Any other hotels right there also?

Besides the Hampton Inn and Homewood Suites there is a Hilton and a Sofitel in the same area. Good luck! :)

Besides the Hampton Inn and Homewood Suites there is a Hilton and a Sofitel in the same area. Good luck! :)

Thank you for the update. I am Priority Club with HI Express/InterContinental and like to have shopping/dining walkable. Blue Lagoon area sounds like a good option for us.

It's a great option if you are arriving late afternoon/early evening and just want a room, option to pick up last minute items, and dinner. We splashed around in the pool/hot tub in the morning after breakfast before heading to POM about noon. Have a good cruise! :)

Thanks John....This Hampton Inn is now high on our list of potential places to stay for our next cruise.:)

It's a great option if you are arriving late afternoon/early evening and just want a room, option to pick up last minute items, and dinner. We splashed around in the pool/hot tub in the morning after breakfast before heading to POM about noon. Have a good cruise! :)

This hotel exceeded our expectations. Had an overnighter in MIA while travelling from Seattle to Quito so was just looking for a place to sleep one night. Free transport from airport - we arrived on red-eye at 8am so slight delay in room but she told us to go enjoy the breakfast buffet while we waited and kept our luggage! Free wi-fi at hotel but Starbucks is right across the street. (LARGE 5-lane street however). Nice enough pool for wasting a day. back to airport on their shuttle (we did see lots of people getting ready to head to cruises). I would not have typically picked this before a cruise but would consider in the future now!

• 1 month later...

Just a little bump....Looks like we will most likely be staying here in for our pre-cruise stay.

How is the shuttle to the hotel from the airport and how was the shuttle to the pier? There are 3 of us, myself, DH & DD(4)....should we just take a taxi to the pier? How are the resturants nearby?

Just a little bump....Looks like we will most likely be staying here in for our pre-cruise stay.

How is the shuttle to the hotel from the airport and how was the shuttle to the pier? There are 3 of us, myself, DH & DD(4)....should we just take a taxi to the pier? How are the resturants nearby?

A local strip mall is across the street from the Hampton Inn with grocery, drug and liquor :D stores, plus several dining options (Cuban, Chinese & Italian) + some fast food options (Burger KIng) - we enjoyed Casa Juan (Cuban) with lots of locals, but more recent reports indicate some health inspection issues :eek:. 94th Aero is a little further walk, but has great steaks! POM is about a 15 minute cab ride away - fare should be just under $30 including tip -- tip the dirver a little extra for taking the time to install your car seat for your 4 year old. Shuttle ride to/from MIA is quick - maybe 5 minutes. Good luck! :)

A local strip mall is across the street from the Hampton Inn with grocery, drug and liquor :D stores, plus several dining options (Cuban, Chinese & Italian) + some fast food options (Burger KIng) - we enjoyed Casa Juan (Cuban) with lots of locals, but more recent reports indicate some health inspection issues :eek:. 94th Aero is a little further walk, but has great steaks! POM is about a 15 minute cab ride away - fare should be just under $30 including tip -- tip the dirver a little extra for taking the time to install your car seat for your 4 year old. Shuttle ride to/from MIA is quick - maybe 5 minutes. Good luck! :)

UGH!!! Forgot about the car seat. Would probably just use small booster since DD is VERY tall...already 42 inches.

Thanks for the info. We are torn about staying here or the Conrad. We have stayed there before, but there isn't much around there, as it's a business area. This will also be our first sailing out of POM with DD....so it will be a different experience then the past!

We are torn about staying here or the Conrad.

Then there is no comparison. Book the Conrad. The Hampton is a fine property, but it doesn't come close to the Conrad.

The Conrad is in the Brickell Financial District. You are within walking distance of Mary Brickell Village, with far more entertainment options than the strip mall located near the Hampton. You could also either take the free Metromover to Bayside or the new free rubber tire trolley that stops right in front of the hotel.

If you are in early enough you could also cross the street to the B bus to Key Biscayne to lounge on a lagoon style beach, explore the nature trails and light house.

Archived