What are the benefits of a 2nd cruise with RCI?

mojo22

I have sailed once before (RCI) maybe 6-7 years ago. I am planning another cruise as I have not had a vacation at all since my last cruise :eek: Are there any real benefits with sailing RCI again? I have 8 points with them and I really have no idea what that even means. Can I get a good discount or any kind of deal? Am I better off just finding a cheaper cruise on a different line (limited budget)?.

mojo,

Others may have a better reply than mine but I'll offer my opinion.

I, like you, am not a huge cruiser. I have found that being a "past cruiser" (with any cruise line) doesn't really offer anything in terms of better rates. Perhaps those who have sailed with a cruise line MANY times are given offers which we, the little folks, never hear about.

My limited experience has been that if you've sailed before you may be invited to a "special" cocktail party or something. But as far as finding much better rates? No.

BTW, being "old" and, sometimes, living in the right state CAN result in a better rate.

You will be a gold C&A member and as such receive a coupon book with some BOGO stuff in there and a welcome back party onboard.

However there´s no discounts. The only discount sets in at Platinum level when you get money off for booking blacony cabins and up. The amount varies by C&A level and length of cruise. It´s non combinable with most other offers though.

Sometimes there´s also saving certificates for certain sailings on the website.

Obviously the more you cruise with royal the more crown and anchor points you earn , but I feel the biggest benefit is to cruise with the company you are happy with , after our first cruise ( which was with royal ) we couldn't fault them so we thought why change ? However after our fourth cruise with royal we decided to try P&O just for a change and it didn't quite match up to our expectations , not saying we didn't enjoy it but the standard of food and service wasn't as high , so my answer is the benefits are cruise with who you are happy with more than what benefits they can offer you .

The others are pretty much right. I think you will get invited to a party if the cruise is 7 days or longer. My second cruise was 4 nights and the only thing I got was the coupon book, mostly bogo but there was something like a 10% discount on internet plans. For my third in May (8 days) I expect that plus a party, and will be 9 days away from Platinum.

If you cruise infrequently you have a choice. You might want to try 1 other cruise line and see what fits you best, or you may want to stick to RCI and get to Platinum in about 4 cruises. If you were happy with your last RCI cruise you would probably be best to stick with them until you get a bit more status.

Roy

I don't consider any past guest perks when pricing a mass-market cruise line (mainly Carnival; Royal Caribbean; Norwegian) as they are insignificant. I shop primarily on price, itinerary, and ship. If price wasn't a huge factor, I'd be sailing on different lines. :) I will pay a small premium to sail on Royal vs Carnival, but not much - if the itineraries are similar and ships have similar amenities. I will pay a premium for a specific itinerary, like ports we haven't visited before.

mojo,

Others may have a better reply than mine but I'll offer my opinion.

I, like you, am not a huge cruiser. I have found that being a "past cruiser" (with any cruise line) doesn't really offer anything in terms of better rates. Perhaps those who have sailed with a cruise line MANY times are given offers which we, the little folks, never hear about.

My limited experience has been that if you've sailed before you may be invited to a "special" cocktail party or something. But as far as finding much better rates? No.

BTW, being "old" and, sometimes, living in the right state CAN result in a better rate.

So true! No special benefits in rates.

Archived