Minor Question...What is the age limit?

bankonus

I have always had the signed/notarized letter from my ex-husband giving permission for our daughter to travel with me on my cruises. However, she is now 16, and just signed for her own passport this week, no longer needing her father's signature. Does Carnival still require the notarized letter even though she signed for her own passport? Thanks

I took my DD when she was 14 (she's now 17). I always had the proper paperwork in order from her father; but she did have a passport. I have never been asked for the notarized letter. Before a child can get a passport, you must have the non custodial parents signature, so with a passport - I doubt you will ever be asked. :)

Yes....never been asked for the paper either. I just thought since 16 and 17 year olds sign their own passports, I could avoid having her father send the notarized letter. He did sign for her 1st passport 5 years ago that has now expired. Looks like I will do it anyway just to be on the safe side.

It might depend on where you're going. At 17, my mother still needed to have my father's death certificate to make a port stop in Mexico. At 16 you can sign for your own passport, but if I were you I'd take the letter from her father until her 18th birthday. Better safe than sorry.

I have been asked twice on over 30+ cruises for the "letter", once on RCI and once on Celebrity. I always have taken it just in case. On Celebrity they made it clear that we would not have been sailing without it. I agree, better safe than sorry!

Archived