??? regarding private transfer to the Punchbowl from the port

Poohjo

Since the current tour we are looked on does not include a walk around of the Punchbowl Cemetary, we are thinking after our tour to take a transfer from the port to the Punchbowl on our own, however I am having a hard time finding any information on bus service to the Punchbowl. I am hoping someone reading this will have done what we are interested in doing and would be able to give me some information on how to go about setting this up. We've never been to Hawaii and the Punchbowl is a must see for me.

Help!!!

Penny

Since the current tour we are looked on does not include a walk around of the Punchbowl Cemetary, we are thinking after our tour to take a transfer from the port to the Punchbowl on our own, however I am having a hard time finding any information on bus service to the Punchbowl. I am hoping someone reading this will have done what we are interested in doing and would be able to give me some information on how to go about setting this up. We've never been to Hawaii and the Punchbowl is a must see for me.

Help!!!

Penny

Hi Penny,

When will you be here on Oahu? I can check our local bus schedule and post if for you, but the bus does no go into the Cemetary , so you'd have a pretty good walk to get in.

Bev

We are there April 20th. What about taxis from the port? Is it safe to assume that taxis are at the port to take visitors to the Punchbowl?

Thank u so much Bev for offering to post the bus schedule.

Penny

The Punchbowl is not that far from the port; it seems like it would be an easy taxi ride as long as you can get the taxi to come back at an appointed time. My experience with taxi drivers in Honolulu is very positive; all taxis are independently owned so drivers seem happy to work with you in order to get a guaranteed fare back.

My advice (and I have been to Honolulu 11 times), would be to get a taxi. We use TheBus all the time when visiting, but the bus trip to the Punchbowl takes a long time. It requires a transfer, which makes the trip much long, especially if you just miss a bus and have to wait for the next one, which could be from 30 minutes to an hour.

You would need a #2, #13, or B City Express to Bertania and Alapai Street, walk a block and then catch #15 to Pacific Heights. Then at entrance to Punchbowl would need to get off and the walk into the cemetery is about 2.5 blocks uphill.

Not a trip I would try on the bus with your limited time.

http://www.TheBus.org for further info.

Archived