Carnival Pride for older teens?

mamakinrocks

Hello, it is me again....now wondering about the Carnival Pride as a good option for older teens (15-18). We are also considering the Oasis and Summit. Still have not heard back from RCCL regarding 18 year olds in the teen area (will let you know if I do!). I am sure the Oasis would be great. Considering the Pride and Summit due to proximity to home and the fact that we would not have to pay for flights. Thanks for any advice!

Hello, it is me again....now wondering about the Carnival Pride as a good option for older teens (15-18). We are also considering the Oasis and Summit. Still have not heard back from RCCL regarding 18 year olds in the teen area (will let you know if I do!). I am sure the Oasis would be great. Considering the Pride and Summit due to proximity to home and the fact that we would not have to pay for flights. Thanks for any advice!

Sailling in 7 days on the pride...let you know.

18 year olds are considered adults, except for being able to drink. They aren't allowed in the "tween" areas or kid's clubs on RCI. And, to be honest, 18 year olds don't want to hang with the younger kids. They will find PLENTY to do without that option!

There's a HUGE difference between 15 and 18!

I started cruising after I turned 21, but my sister, who is three years younger, always had fun during her 18-21 years. If your 18 year old is still in school, then you can bring a transcript or Student ID and my understanding is that they may let them into the teen club because they are still in high school. I turned 18 in January of my senior year (I was among the oldest in my class) and would have preferred to be with others still in school.

My family has used Baltimore a few times and it is hands down our favorite embarkation port. It's super convenient and the staff is always friendly and gets everyone through pretty efficiently. We also enjoy the added bonus that we don't have to pay to fly and spend more time in the airport than on the flight.

18 is not an "older teen" (obviously it technically is) they have access to the 18+ night clubs! when i was 18 on a cruise i was not about to go hang out with 15 year olds!

but carnival has a great teen program in which most teens meet friends the first night, and bail- go find other things to do!

Archived