Trying to put together a group land tour and I am at a loss

pryncesshmm

I am also much more of the "plan what YOU want to do" and then let them follow ...if they wish <grin>

It is just about impossible to "book a bus" for days...you have to pay for the drivers meals, lodging, and so much time.....very hard to do unless you are a large tour company ....the logistics are mindboggling

One idea is to find the excursion/area YOU want....and let others know

ie, ...a boat tour of the Kenai Fiords etc....

after that they may go their own way...or follow/tag along with you.

IF it is several families they could each rent their own van, do their own thing after one or two excursions together

With my group I planned what I want to do in Seattle....and chose the hotel

Some are flying in with me and will do most/all with me...some come in on Sunday, some fly in on Monday and will only do the precruise dinner

Hotel is mid/lower price BUT very convenient....walk to Space Needle/monorail...plus offers shuttle service reasonable rate from airport and to cruiseport

For a group that sort of logistics is KEY

Some don't like my choice <grin> so they can do otherwise...and a few are flying in the day of the cruise (brave or they live on west coast)

This is not my first rodeo of "herding cats" <grin>

With just 3 nights and arriving into Seward I really don't see any reasonable way to get to Denali NP.

I agree with frugal...

Try Googling Denali tours and a # of tour companies come up with 800 #s.

Good luck

Rick

From RCCL press reelase:

Almost all 2013 cruise-tours also include a leg aboard the Wilderness Express, Royal Caribbean’s luxurious, glass-domed train cars that facilitate the viewing of Denali National Park.

Options include a 13-night Canadian Rockies cruise-tour, which features independent travel aboard Canada’s VIA Rail to Calgary, Banff, Jasper, Vancouver and Victoria. Or, an 18-night cruise-tour combines Alaska and the Canadian Rockies.

Every Friday from mid-May through August, Radiance of the Seas will alternate north- and southbound itineraries from Vancouver and Seward, calling at Ketchikan, Icy Strait Point, Juneau and Skagway, with scenic cruising of Hubbard Glacier.

Rick

Archived