Do Shows Change?

DonOtt

Hey folks...

We went on the Allure last year (May) and absolutely loved our experience on there and came away with some amazing friends.

One of the highlights was Chicago. The production far exceeded my expectation.

Does RCI change up the shows or will Chicago just continue it's run?

Cheers....Don

Serenade still has the same shows she's had since we started sailing her in 2004 (Vibeology and Stage to Screen); it requires a major dry dock to change them out (installation of the new sets, etc.), and they'll be finally changing Serenade's shows during her dry dock at the end of this year. Given that, it's likely that the shows on Adventure now are the same as they were 3 years ago. Do you remember what they were? I actually don't think I would after 3 years.

Thanks.

During one of the backstage tours they said shows will remain for at least 5 years due to the cost of changing sets, lighting, etc. On the larger ships with the more elaborate shows I would say it is probably even longer.

During one of the backstage tours they said shows will remain for at least 5 years due to the cost of changing sets, lighting, etc. On the larger ships with the more elaborate shows I would say it is probably even longer.

As lighting tech on Serenade, my son used to lead those backstage tours :). He was the one that told me a dry dock is necessary to change the shows out. They've made some minor changes to the 2 shows on SR over the years (nothing that requires major set re-design), but they're still essentially the same shows that there were 8 years ago.

Serenade still has the same shows she's had since we started sailing her in 2004 (Vibeology and Stage to Screen); it requires a major dry dock to change them out (installation of the new sets, etc.), and they'll be finally changing Serenade's shows during her dry dock at the end of this year. Given that, it's likely that the shows on Adventure now are the same as they were 3 years ago. Do you remember what they were? I actually don't think I would after 3 years.

Thanks.

One was called "Invitation to Dance". When I get home tonight I may actually have some Compasses where I will try to find the other one. I only remember the name of this one because I disliked it so much and thought it was BAD.

One was called "Invitation to Dance". When I get home tonight I may actually have some Compasses where I will try to find the other one. I only remember the name of this one because I disliked it so much and thought it was BAD.

Wow, thanks, I can't believe you have compasses from 3 years ago! Invitation to Dance is one we've never seen, and I'm betting we haven't seen the other, either. This last cruise we went to one show each week - headliner shows. We'd seen virtually every other show at least once, and usually many more times, over the course of the past 13 years.

Wow, thanks, I can't believe you have compasses from 3 years ago! Invitation to Dance is one we've never seen, and I'm betting we haven't seen the other, either. This last cruise we went to one show each week - headliner shows. We'd seen virtually every other show at least once, and usually many more times, over the course of the past 13 years.

Would you believe that the year after our last sailing on Adventure we went on Independence and just guess what show was on the ship!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::eek:

Archived