Why can't RC and C&A accept I changed my name?

Starting to get really frustrated. I have contacted Crown & Anchor about 4 times so far about the name on my C&A account not matching my reservation # so every time I modify or update my cruise, it tells me the names don't match and won't let me continue unless I delete the C&A number. I call, I tell them to change my name (I got married in June), they say ok, it's changed and then a month later it goes back to my maiden name. I am getting really tired of this song and dance... anything else I can do?

im so sorry you are having this problem

i also changed my name last year and had to contact

them, one phone call was all it took and when

i go to the c/a page its there.

maybe the next time will be the charm

good luck

I've been dealing with an issue with my birthday not being right. What I had to do was call them, have them change it in the system first. Then I went onto the "my cruises" page and updated my profile. Once I did that all was right with the world. I think the sequence is critical.

I hyphenated my last name when I got married in October 2009. RCI's site does not accept hyphens, so my name was input with a space. All was well for almost two years, then the same thing happened to me - I can't access my C&A account because my first name keeps changing to the first half of my last name. I have called and had it changed SIX TIMES, but it keeps changing back (during the very first night, certainly not days/months later). Somebody here on CC suggested that the marketing database has my name wrong and keeps overwriting the C&A database, but when I suggested that during phone call number five, I was told that there is not a person to speak to in Marketing. I finally wrote them a letter and mailed it last week, hoping that they will find correspondence more difficult to ignore. If you are interested in writing to them, the address is: Crown and Anchor Society, P.O. Box 026053, Miami, Florida 33102-6053. I will update on CC if my problem is ever corrected.

Good luck with that. I've been trying to get them to change my phone number for two years and my birthdate for 6 months.

Jean

I hope they at least have you younger:D

Out of the blue, my name appeared on my husband's C&A account (rather than his). I went to "My Cruises" and then to profile but I could not change the name. And, we also had trouble with reservations. Our RCI agent would have to put us on hold, call C&A to manually correct the name, however, it would revert right back to my name rather than his. This went on for a year. I called about a month ago and this very patient young man told me to log on, go to C&A and simply type in the correct name. I started to argue telling him that I had tried doing so 10 or 15X with no luck. Lo & behold, it worked. I think there must have been some glitch in the system that was recently fixed. I felt like a nut as it turned out to be so simple. I feel your pain and understand your frustration. My message is "don't give up." The RCI website has a mind of it's own.

Out of the blue, my name appeared on my husband's C&A account (rather than his). I went to "My Cruises" and then to profile but I could not change the name. And, we also had trouble with reservations. Our RCI agent would have to put us on hold, call C&A to manually correct the name, however, it would revert right back to my name rather than his. This went on for a year. I called about a month ago and this very patient young man told me to log on, go to C&A and simply type in the correct name. I started to argue telling him that I had tried doing so 10 or 15X with no luck. Lo & behold, it worked. I think there must have been some glitch in the system that was recently fixed. I felt like a nut as it turned out to be so simple. I feel your pain and understand your frustration. My message is "don't give up." The RCI website has a mind of it's own.

We had the same issue and it took almost 2 years to get corrected. They somehow ended up deleting my account that stated my widest account was my account and then the said my wife had a new one because her old account was mine???

We went in circles for 2 years. I even contacted managers at C&A and still had issues.

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

Well, if it makes anyone feel any better? I've had a 10-year problem with Princess Cruise Line and their system since my divorce in 2001. Oh yeah, call after call after call... eventually I gave up. Fortunately it's not significant enough to make a problem for me with customs, but sheesh, get it fixed already!

The whole thing is totally absurd. Good luck!!

Archived