Choices:)

Lhorn1209

Tried this on port of call boards but didnt get much of a response so gonna try here..... I am looking at Atlantis website, should I book the excursion through them or carnival? It seems cheaper to book it through them but I know if you book it through Carnival then they will wait for you if you are late..Ahh Choices Choices!!!!

Tried this on port of call boards but didnt get much of a response so gonna try here..... I am looking at Atlantis website, should I book the excursion through them or carnival? It seems cheaper to book it through them but I know if you book it through Carnival then they will wait for you if you are late..Ahh Choices Choices!!!!

I've been on 5 cruises and still have not booked any excursion through the Cruise ship , all on our own and we have done many excursions.....

But it is totally up to your comfort level....

If your going to be stressing, go through the line....

To Answer your question.. book it yourself !:D

I tend to look at the extra money I have to pay for excursions through Carnival as insurance. They will hold the ship for you. If you bypass a port, you'll get OBC or a refund, etc. You have to decide what its worth to you and your piece of mind.

I have heard (not sure its true) that in order to get an Atlantis day pass not via the cruise line you have to go there and if you get there too late (they only issue a certain amount) you are out of luck. It is an expensive excursion (we did it on an NCL cruise) but it was totally worth it because it was the best day ever! I certainly wouldn't do it everytime I went to Nassau but IMO it was worth it.

I personally feel comfortable to do this on my own. It's an easy taxi ride or water taxi trip there and back. However if you are going in a few weeks like your countdown ticker states it would be better to book through the ship. Spring break can be busy and if the hotel is booked up they may not take walk ups. I would hate to plan this and not be able to get in. You would need a plan B.

It's easy to get to Atlantis and I would be tempted to not go through the cruiseline.......IF.....you can book in advance with Atlantis.........as a PP said they limit the number of spots they sell directly based on how many the ship has sold.

So if your heart is set on going to Atlantis and you would be really disappointed to get there and be turned away, then I would go with Carnival.....

And as for them holding the ship for you if you are on a Carnival excursion....that's not a guarantee, they can only hold the ship for so long, but it's pretty rare for them to leave without all of their excursions being back though it has happened.

I looked at Atlantis website and I can go ahead an book the excursion with them rather than waiting till I get there. My mom has here heart set on doing the Dolphin Encounter that they have so just trying to find the cheapest way. I would personally rather do the underwater snokel excursion offered through Atlantis but this trip is all about her lol since its her birthday cruise. Thanks so much for all the advice! I guess I better make my mind up soon. They have 11am and 2 pm slots open so I am assuming the 11am would be better if I did it this way.

I looked at Atlantis website and I can go ahead an book the excursion with them rather than waiting till I get there. My mom has here heart set on doing the Dolphin Encounter that they have so just trying to find the cheapest way. I would personally rather do the underwater snokel excursion offered through Atlantis but this trip is all about her lol since its her birthday cruise. Thanks so much for all the advice! I guess I better make my mind up soon. They have 11am and 2 pm slots open so I am assuming the 11am would be better if I did it this way.

Is this something new? I know they have a 3rd party company that offers this. The name escapes me but it's on the Nassau boards.

They also offer a dolphin excursion in Nassau at Blue Lagoon that maybe something to look into. Cheaper than Atlantis that's for sure.

Hope you and your Mom have an amazing trip together! :)

After scouring these boards last summer I came up with this cheaper solution- book a stay at the Comfort suites across the street from

Atlantis! $199 a night and everyone in your party gets a wrist band to use the Atlantis waterpark facilities. Our ship was docked over night so we got to visit Atlantis for two days. Would have cost $900 if booked through Carnival for three of us for two days.

Is this something new? I know they have a 3rd party company that offers this. The name escapes me but it's on the Nassau boards.

They also offer a dolphin excursion in Nassau at Blue Lagoon that maybe something to look into. Cheaper than Atlantis that's for sure.

Hope you and your Mom have an amazing trip together! :)

Here is the link... http://www.atlantis.com/thingstodo/dolphincay.aspx

There is also a place on that site that says you can book a day trip and gives the prices. I am pretty sure this is for the excursions.

@ RyanDMB99@aol.com.. I have heard about doing this but we really just want to swim with the dolphins @ Dolphin Cay. Thanks though.

Archived