Liberty western or Dream eastern...help me decide.

luv2go1

Looking to book our second cruise for next March (I am tied to a school calendar). This would be our first with carnival. Can't decide between the two...opinions? Liberty is slightly cheaper.

I can't speak for the Dream since I haven't sailed her. I admit I'm a bit concerned that for me personally, the Dream class is just too many people.

I've been on the Liberty three times now and am booked for a fourth next January. She's a great ship and the 2.0 upgrades are great.

We prefer Eastern Caribbean, although Western is good also. We leave on Liberty in a few weeks on an Eastern itinerary. If it were me, I'd go with the Dream. It's suppose to be a great ship & EC itinerary is my personal favorite. Happy cruising either way!

I would pick the ship that was the best option to get to. For myself, flying from Colorado to Orlando is a lot more expensive than flying to FLL (for Miami) and would choose the Liberty. But if I was a driver from your location, Port Canaveral is closer than Miami and would go with the Dream. IMO, figure out how you are getting there before making your final decision.

Liberty and Dream have been our two favorite Carnival sailings so far, although I give a slight edge to the Liberty.

As far as the itineraries go, if the Eastern Caribbean did NOT have Nassau, it would be my choice. But IMHO, Nassau is an absolute waste of a port of a call on a 7 night itinerary. It is OK on short, cheapie getaways, but it's an insult on longer itineraries where so many other ports of call can be reached.

Having been on the Dream 3 times and going on the Liberty next month, as a ship, I'd pick the Liberty, based solely on price. Don't get me wrong, we loved our cruises on the Dream, just we didn't do them at Spring Break. As an itinerary, I'd go with the Dream Eastern. Dream Eastern has 3 sea days. And since it's Spring Break time, I'd go with the Dream Eastern. The ports aren't really known as "party" ports, especially during the day, with the exception of Sr. Frogs at the pier in Nassau. On the Liberty, Cozumel and cheaper cruise prices will attract more college breakers. I think many breakers are more attracted to ports and price than ships. Just my thoughts.

Having been on the Dream 3 times and going on the Liberty next month, as a ship, I'd pick the Liberty, based solely on price. Don't get me wrong, we loved our cruises on the Dream, just we didn't do them at Spring Break. As an itinerary, I'd go with the Dream Eastern. Dream Eastern has 3 sea days. And since it's Spring Break time, I'd go with the Dream Eastern. The ports aren't really known as "party" ports, especially during the day, with the exception of Sr. Frogs at the pier in Nassau. On the Liberty, Cozumel and cheaper cruise prices will attract more college breakers. I think many breakers are more attracted to ports and price than ships. Just my thoughts.

You make an excellent point, and something that I hadn't considered.

Archived