Box wine

I bought two 1 liter boxes of wine.. that was the smallest I could find. I am going to put one in our checked bag, and the other in carry on. Since there are two of us travelling, we are allowed two 750 ml bottles, so the one single 1 liter bottle should be fine, along with the couple of rum runners.. Its funny, I already purchased a 3 bottle wine package, this is the " extra" to drink in the cabin....

Hmmm...can't believe nobody has figured out a way to put a bottle of vodka in a wine box!

I know! Not a big wine drinker.. but love rum!! Trying to figure out how to repackage rum into a cheap box wine bladder.. Not sure it's possible though..

• 1 year later...
Everything "shows up" on X-rays. Whether or not the security personnel interpret the image as a wine bladder is a different question.

Maybe the foil mylar bags but even the 2 mil clear plastic film? How do you know that?

We have taken a box of wine on all of our previous cruises. We take the bag out of the box and put in the backpack, which goes thru the scanner as carry-on. We fold the box flat and put it in checked luggage. When we get to the cabin, we rebuild the box with duct tape, put the bag back into it and have wine for the rest of the cruise. If the cabin steward fails to put wine glasses in the cabin, we take them from the table at dinner or get them from the nearest bar. When you take your own drinks around with you on the ship, waiters do not bother asking if you want something.

Here's hoping you enjoy your box wine on your next cruise. Bon Voyage!

I know! Not a big wine drinker.. but love rum!! Trying to figure out how to repackage rum into a cheap box wine bladder.. Not sure it's possible though..

You need a wine bladder with a twist style spout. Empty the bladder and leave the spout open. Turn the spout over and fill with your favorite beverage! Happy cruising! Bill

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We just got off the Dream 01/04/2014 and my small 6 inch fan, strip plug, extension cord, and boxed wine was all taken from my checked luggage. I even had the wine out of the box wrapped in bubble wrap and ziploc bagged in case it leaked. the little bottles of Bailey's for my husband was overlooked.

Have taken 30 plus cruises and have always put a box wine( without the box) into 2 different checked luggage. Never a problem until last cruise, we are platinum and luggage was a little later than usual to the room. When it arrived there was a note in each piece saying I could pick both up at the end of the cruise along with my power strip. Wine was well placed but power strip was just in an outside pocket.it was brand new and not worn looking.actually never realized the power strip was on the do not bring list. Don't think there is a rhyme or reason sometimes. Also have been out of at least 7 different ports. Going to the naughty room was very interesting! :-)

Mom and I always carry on 2 bottles of wine each. If questioned, we say we are a party of 4 (which is usually true.... but those ladies also bring wine LOL). A few years back we both brought a box of wine. It was equivalent to 8 bottles of wine. We had no problem at the port. :D:cool::eek:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So has anyone been denied sailing for violating the rules? Just curious... We bring the allowable amount but never tried sneaking any additional on board. Oh, and we are going out of the dreaded port of Galveston lol...:eek:

Black Box moscato is great! Actually all of the Black Box wines are great!

I just hope noone from CCL is reading this thread or else every suitcase that has anything that resembles a box in it is going to be searched! :eek::eek::eek:

So has anyone been denied sailing for violating the rules? Just curious... We bring the allowable amount but never tried sneaking any additional on board. Oh, and we are going out of the dreaded port of Galveston lol...:eek:

no one has been denied sailing for trying to sneak alcohol on board (but they are entitled to according to the rules). They will just keep it and throw it out if its not sealed in its original packaging or give it back to you at the end of the cruise if it is sealed new.

I've brought boxed wine on with my DD (she's 25) and it is 750 mls per person. She found a cute little box at Target that she loved. I'm not a wine drinker.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

A question, what information does a wine box have that a bottle does not?

In my experience wine boxes have instructions on how to open it while bottles don't. :D

Never heard of it happening; doesn't mean it hasn't but I'd be surprised if it had and word didn't get around.

We'll usually bring wine in the form of two 375ml or 500ml boxes, as well as a bottle of champagne in the form of four 187ml splits. I've had security open the carryon with the wine and soda in it and pass it through unquestioned with the wine sitting right on top in plain view.

In my experience wine boxes have instructions on how to open it while bottles don't. :D

Never heard of it happening; doesn't mean it hasn't but I'd be surprised if it had and word didn't get around.

We'll usually bring wine in the form of two 375ml or 500ml boxes, as well as a bottle of champagne in the form of four 187ml splits. I've had security open the carryon with the wine and soda in it and pass it through unquestioned with the wine sitting right on top in plain view.

I've taken 2 of the 500ml boxes in my carry-on with no problem. My SO does not drink so that's enough for me.