Argentina

cymro100

hello. Does anybody know whether ships are still being refused docking in Argentina?.
So far, only the Star and P&O ship (Adonia?). I read that it was a local decision with regards to Ushuaia and not an Argentinian decision. It's the end of the South American cruise season with the ships being repositioned to Europe or Alaska so the issue is probably dead until next year and who knows what will happen then?

This morning I snagged a great frequent flyer flight from Buenos Aires at the end of the Star's December 30-dayer, only to run across this thread and realize that, um, maybe the booking was premature. Can/will a cruise that supposedly ends in Argentina end up be re-routed to Rio?

Eep! :eek:

This morning I snagged a great frequent flyer flight from Buenos Aires at the end of the Star's December 30-dayer, only to run across this thread and realize that, um, maybe the booking was premature. Can/will a cruise that supposedly ends in Argentina end up be re-routed to Rio?

Eep! :eek:

On our February 4th cruise, we were allowed into Buenos Aires after visiting the Falklands. The only problem was with the cruise after our's where the Star and another ship weren't allowed into Ushuaia. I doubt BA would turn away the ship. Even if there were issues, Rio would not be a viable option because most passengers would need Brazil Visas that must be purchased in advance. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Archived