Oceania Air

hypercafe

First I used Oceania air HNL to Tahiti... saved thousands if I used miles or dollars. As a bonus the called 3 weeks prior and offered a business class seat for $699...... rather than the fare of $2300+ I flew back on miles from NY. Took it one way and got a 50% refund

Now when comparing the free air to the fare you will pay or the miles/points you will use beware. March 2015 is a BIG day when at least on UAL miles all disappear and are replaced by points. Earning points will be very difficult unless you are a top level premier. Example flying to HNL fro LAX you can get for about $450 and presently earn 5100 miles. Starting in 2015 you will only earn miles or points based on the fare...

which is $ x status level = points Using this NEW method a regular coach passenger would earn about2100 miles/points not 5100! A last min flight Palm Springs to Las Vegas 230 miles and selling for $450rt would earn the same points/miles as flying to Hawaii which is 10 times furthur

Flying first class presently for say $2500 get you 7500 miles now but new gets you 12,500 !

Check your program NOW Big change coming

That is true IF you are earning your miles by paying for your tickets. I try very hard never to do that :D

I earn my miles with CC promotions and by spending with certain CCs - much better return and so far no changes on the horizon.

It's hard to beat flying in premium cabins for free :)

These are not cheap cruises in comparison to say carnival or NCL.

They are however a very, very good bargain and you get way better value for what you get......way better than say Celeb, Holland America charges.. The intrinsic value of having such variety, 1/2 to 1/3 the passenger, the ambiance, service and the finest food afloat....

When you add it all up these Oceaina cruises can not be beaten for value and price.... As a cost comparison I ran everything I received on Oceania against a Holland America cruise of similar length and it was hundreds of dollars a day more on Holland ( which cant even come close to any of the standards I experienced on Marina.....

Looking forward to proving you right. This will be my first O cruise! :D