Just back from my first cruise

Brad L

Looking at taking one over Christmas. The boys said they would rather do that and sacrifice a portion of there Christmas presents.

As far as the tip goes I know (as in the restaurant industry) tips on cards are actually payed less than in cash so I thought they would appreciate cash better. Guess thats what I get for thinking, my wife always tells me that I am not allowed to think, guess now I know why, LOL.

We really only had 2 others that brought us stuff on deck since we were at the same location all week and they were taken care of as well.

I am still new to this site so don't know how to post pictures yet. How do you do that? Or do I need to ask my 12 year old?

I'm glad you had a great time. My husband and i took our 8 year old on a cruise last spring break and she loved it. We leave in 3 days for another Spring Break cruise, this time to the eastern Caribbean. You're right...for some, once you go, you're hooked for life! There really IS something for everyone!

When it comes to tipping, we always keep the auto-tips as they are and tip extra cash to our room steward or others as we wish, if they really provided us great service. This way, they are not questioned about their service by their boss if they see they had tips removed, but also so money goes to people that we don't interact with, but who are an intricate part of how the ship runs smoothly.

Have fun on your next cruise!

Brad, so glad you enjoyed your cruise.

I took my sister and my 21 yr. old son on their first cruise in Jan. They loved it. After we swam with the dolphins in Cozumel, we were sitting by the beach having lunch and my son told me that any other vacation he has had paled in comparison. Then after dinner at home one night, he sai, "ok I am ready to be served my warm chocolate melting cake" and grinned. My sister will tell you that swimming with the stingrays was one of the most moving things she has ever done. Now if I could only get my husband on a cruise!

Looking at taking one over Christmas. The boys said they would rather do that and sacrifice a portion of there Christmas presents.

I know where your coming from... My son asked to go on a cruise for his high school graduation:)

We'll be cruising with a few of his closest friends and their families this June.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your first cruise.
Our First Cruise was a quick 4-nights charter. Carnival DESTINY, ex Barbados. May 2007

It took me nearly a month to come back down to Earth, where feet actually touched ground.

Had the same thing happen to me last October on our ninth cruise

-a month to come back down! :D

That's funny cause everyone in our party made fun of me cause I ordered warm chocolate melting cake all 5 nights.

Brad, so glad you enjoyed your cruise.

I took my sister and my 21 yr. old son on their first cruise in Jan. They loved it. After we swam with the dolphins in Cozumel, we were sitting by the beach having lunch and my son told me that any other vacation he has had paled in comparison. Then after dinner at home one night, he sai, "ok I am ready to be served my warm chocolate melting cake" and grinned. My sister will tell you that swimming with the stingrays was one of the most moving things she has ever done. Now if I could only get my husband on a cruise!

Archived