Major Marine

lulabug

we booked major marine for that very reason.(5-23)..how do yo find out where on the ship you have the reserved seating, do they send you a seating chart?? Is it first come based on the first to reserve a tour? Can yo change your seat or is there really no bad seat?

Thanks

The night before the cruise they arrange the seating.No particular way.You can ask for special tables like by a window,on which side don't matter since they do a roundtrip.Towards the back of the boat is better if prone to seasickness.There really is no bad tables.They also have a great kid's program and the ONLY cruise in Seward that has an actual park ranger in uniform as a naturalist.

We will get there the night of the 22nd, so when we board we may be able to ask for back of boat....will try that....

Are they full around the time we are going? 5-23....

Thanks

You can ask for a special table when you make your reservation.Shouldn't be a full boat since we don't have a cruise ship in that day and it's still early in season,but safer to reserve and it is a Saturday which is busier than other times during the week.

My opinion only, I find the assigned seating a negative. I like to pick my own based on the individual boat. All the companies run several. Seats are never taken by any one else and I am outside most of the sailing anyway. :)

The one time that I was on a Kenai Fjords Tour it was packed full and when it came time to serve the food it was mayhem. My wife and I just stood against the bulkhead to eat as it was difficult to get a seat. Although the trip itself was great I was disappointed in how packed the boat was and for that reason I'm going with Major Marine for the 7.5 hour tour on 5/25.

Archived