Marina Cabin 9123

Globe

Just wondering if anyone has been near this cabin location on Deck 9 toward the back of the ship? It's an A4 near the rear elevators. I have motion issues and have always had midship cabins on the smaller R ships and don't know if this will be a problem to be close to the back on this larger vessel. It would be for a cruise from Auckland to Sydney. Also wonder if the proximity to the elevators would be extra noisy at all?

Thanks.

Just wondering if anyone has been near this cabin location on Deck 9 toward the back of the ship? It's an A4 near the rear elevators. I have motion issues and have always had midship cabins on the smaller R ships and don't know if this will be a problem to be close to the back on this larger vessel. It would be for a cruise from Auckland to Sydney. Also wonder if the proximity to the elevators would be extra noisy at all?

Thanks.

map-med-MNA130226.jpg I think that you might do better to think more about your choice of itinerary rather than your cabin selection if you are subject to "motion issues" . The Tasmanian Sea can be infamous. This thread discusses January sailings, but you will see what I mean:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=474244

That said, 9123 seems far enough from the Elevator Lobby so that noise (mechanical or passenger) should not be an issue.

b_094711.jpg

If you are concerned about being too high in the ship, remember that the Ocean view cabins are dead center on deck 7, the lowest passenger cabin deck.

oceania_marina_docked_in_nassau.jpg

We were in cabin 9123 on Marina last August. The cabin was very quiet. We heard nothing from the elevator area. I am susceptible to motion sickness and had no issues whatsoever in this location, though we had a fairly smooth Mediterranean sailing.

Glad to hear there shouldn't be any noise issues with that cabin but really not sure whether to keep the booking and just hope the waters will be ok for our sailing, as I was not aware there could easily be such rough seas in that general area. The only other sailing I have done in the South Pacific region was quite a number of years ago when Windstar was doing French Polynesia. Of course it was a very small vessel so not surprised that I had some motion sickness issues off and on.

Glad to hear there shouldn't be any noise issues with that cabin but really not sure whether to keep the booking and just hope the waters will be ok for our sailing,

You can never tell when or where you will get rough seas

We live by a small lake about 18 miles long, one year we started out to sail home on July 1st from the top of the lake within minutes of leaving the breakwall we were hit with very high winds we managed to get the sail down before the brunt of it hit

We later found out there was very bad storm front with gale force winds went across the Province

We were knocked on 45 degree angle ...the motor went out & we were drifting towards the rocks :eek::eek:

Who would have ever though we would could get such a storm on a small lake in July

So you just never know

Being on the water is not for everyone

Lyn

Thank You All.

Have made the decision to just cancel this particular itinerary because from all that I have now read about the Tasman Sea etc., it really would be a crap shoot in terms of weather and water conditions with a greater chance of rough seas than found in many other areas I have cruised previously.

Archived