If you could make your own itinerary....

Indianaseadog

I like this one, sort of...

How about:

Day 1-leave Miami

Day 2-HMC

Day 3-Sea day

Day 4-St. Maarten

Day 5-Sea day

Day 6-HMC

Day 7-Back to Miami

GP

That's nice too. Two HMC days would be wonderful. My favorite part of cruising is going to all the islands. I'm not a fan of sea days, so a cruise with more islands and less sea is just right for me :D

As long as it's only hypothetical...I wanna cruise around the world! Spend several months and stop at every big port and city for a couple days and have a sea day between each port to sleep. :D:p What a lovely dream!!!

I also agree with the comments of more overnight stays. Just as a for instance, everyone loves Roatan and hates Belize (generally speaking), plus Belize always has tender strikes, and Carnival has a terminal at Mahogany Bay to capture a captive audience. So how about a Western itin with an overnight Roatan and skip Belize to make up for it? More on-shore spending, less fuel, happier guests, and an extra captive-audience sea day for Carnival to boot. Seems like a win all the way around to me.

I would love an overnight in Roatan. But could you imagine how upset people would be if the ship couldn't make it up the short channel both days :eek:

As long as it's only hypothetical...I wanna cruise around the world! Spend several months and stop at every big port and city for a couple days and have a sea day between each port to sleep. :D:p What a lovely dream!!!

How much money do you have, because you *can* do that, sort of... (and YES, I know this is a CCL thread, so just indulge me for a sec, ok?)

http://aboardtheworld.com/our_story

Snippet from above URL:

Since our launch in 2002, The World has continuously circumnavigated the globe, spending extensive time in the most exotic and well-traveled ports, allowing us - the Residents - to wake up in a new destination every few days, exploring with depth we had never before thought possible. It's a lifestyle we are truly grateful to live each day.

At 644 feet, The World is the largest privately owned yacht on the planet. Each of us owns one or more of the 165 private onboard Residences, and collectively, we own the ship, ensuring that our experiences - both onboard and off - are far beyond current luxury travel standards.

GP

I like this one, but not out of Canaveral. Like Miami or Ft. Laud. better. How about (out of Miami or even PR) Trinidad/Tobago, Aruba, Curacao, Barbados, Martinique. A real southern itinerary. Make it an 8 or 9 dayer!

Wow, this one gets my vote. Tortola would be an add for us as well if we could make it 9 days.

How much money do you have, because you *can* do that, sort of... (and YES, I know this is a CCL thread, so just indulge me for a sec, ok?)

http://aboardtheworld.com/our_story

Snippet from above URL:

Since our launch in 2002, The World has continuously circumnavigated the globe, spending extensive time in the most exotic and well-traveled ports, allowing us - the Residents - to wake up in a new destination every few days, exploring with depth we had never before thought possible. It's a lifestyle we are truly grateful to live each day.

At 644 feet, The World is the largest privately owned yacht on the planet. Each of us owns one or more of the 165 private onboard Residences, and collectively, we own the ship, ensuring that our experiences - both onboard and off - are far beyond current luxury travel standards.

GP

Oh wow! It's almost cruel of you to tell me that! LOL. Sadly, with my 2 weeks vacation/year and nurse's salary I highly doubt I shall sail around the world anytime soon. *le sigh*

I probably wouldn't be able to do this vacationdaywise, but I wonder what would happen if Carnival offered a 'round the world cruise, just once, with segments for sale all over. I wonder who they'd attract and what kind of PR it would be like. Oh yes and a Transatlantic from NYC to Southampton nonstop as quickly as a ship can make it...I'd LOVE to see the looks on the Cunard folk's faces when they see the whale tail funnel roll up :).

OK but as far as what's more realistic, I'd like to see:

New York

At Sea

Bermuda

Bermuda

At Sea

Half Moon Cay

St. Maarten

At Sea

At Sea

New York.

Bermuda and Maho Bea--I mean St. Maarten--are the two remaining Atlantic/Caribbean islands on my bucket list. Both can easily be done with other cruises (though Bermuda is rare on Carnival), but it would be nice for them to all get rolled into one cruise.

Here's my perfect cruise:

11 Day Exotic Caribbean cruise round trip from NYC

New York City

Fun Day at Sea

Fun Day at Sea

Fun Day at Sea

Aruba

Barbados

St-Lucia

St-Kitts

St-Maarten

Fun Day at Sea

Fun Day at Sea

New York City

:D

Another good one -we definately need some change from the same old ports - even thou we love the seas days and ports are our 1st priority, it would be nice to visit other places...I would book the above!

So far as I know, I do not believe that *any* cruise line visits Dominica (NOT the Dominican Republic, just to be clear) out of a Floridian port. Seems like you have to go to San Juan just to get there. Any cruise hitting this port out of FL I would book in a heartbeat. Would gladly take an extra sea-day to make it happen.

Royal, Norwegian, Holland America, to name a few, all go to Dominica from Florida.

If the only ports (excluding departure) had to be Caribbean, I guess it would look like this:

Day 1 - Depart port of Seattle

Day 2 - at sea

Day 3 - at sea

Day 4 - at sea

Day 5 - at sea ...

... Day 35 - some port in the Caribbean, with a beach

Day 36 - some port in the Caribbean, with a beach

Day 37 - some port in the Caribbean, with a beach

Day 38 - at sea

Day 39 - some port in the Caribbean, with a beach

Day 40 - some port in the Caribbean, with a beach

Day 41 - some port in the Caribbean, with a beach

Day 42 - at sea

Day 43 - at sea

Day 44 ...

Day 75 - at sea

day 76 - return to Port of Seattle

My itinerary would be something like this. Not sure how realistic it is, given the ship's speed and the distance to be traveled. But hey, we're being creative here. So here goes.

Day 1: Port Everglades (FLL) - depart 4:00 PM

Day 2: Cruise Florida Keys

Day 3: Key West, FL - arrive 1:00 PM, depart 9:00 PM

Day 4: Isla Mujeres, Mexico* - arrive 11:00 AM, depart 5:00 PM

Day 5: Fun day at Sea

Day 6: Puerto Barrio, Guatemala - arrive 9:00 AM, depart 4:00 PM

Day 7: Fun day at Sea

Day 8: Port Everglades (FLL) - arrive 8:00 AM

* Tendered port - Isla Mujeres is very small

It's a slight modification of the itinerary of my upcoming cruise. I'd have preferred some evening time in Key West, and I heard nice things about Isla Mujeres when I was in Cancun many years ago. I picked Puerto Barrio somewhat randomly on a map, but it's located in a protected cove, so I'm sure it has some nice, quiet beaches; probably a lot like Roatan. The "Cruise Florida Keys" is borrowed from Alaska cruises, when they cruise the Inside Passage, for example. The Keys are a fun, scenic area, plus the old Overseas Railroad bridges will appeal to history buffs. All in all, a win-win situation.

Whereas I think all of you only provided one dream itinerary, I'm going to go with two, a Western/Southern and an Eastern/Southern, and I don't care where they leave out of:

Western Cruise (Would probably have to be a 12-day):

Fun Day at Sea

Belize

Guatamala

Roatan

Fun Day at Sea

Nicaragua

Fun Day at Sea

Columbia

Venezuela

Fun Day at Sea

Fun Day at Sea

Eastern Cruise (Would probably have to be out of San Juan, and 9 days):

St. Maarten (arrive around 10, leave at 8 or so)

Martinique

Trinidad & Tobago

St. Vincent

Dominica

Montseratt

Antigua/Barbuda

New York City

Fun Day at Sea

Fun Day at Sea

Fun Day at Sea

Aruba

Barbados

St-Lucia

St-Kitts

St-Maarten

Fun Day at Sea

Fun Day at Sea

New York City

If you squeezed Bermuda in as the first stop from NYC, that would be my perfect cruise itinerary.

New York City

Fun Day at Sea

Fun Day at Sea

Fun Day at Sea

Aruba

Barbados

St-Lucia

St-Kitts

St-Maarten

Fun Day at Sea

Fun Day at Sea

New York City

Let me know when you start a roll call, I'm totally in. I'll be on the next train from South Station:)

Western Cruise (Would probably have to be a 12-day):

Fun Day at Sea

Belize

Guatamala

Roatan

Fun Day at Sea

Nicaragua

Fun Day at Sea

Columbia

Venezuela

Fun Day at Sea

Fun Day at Sea

It wouldn't matter what port the ship leaves from, but when you find an Actual Ship doing this Itinerary, I WANT IN!!!

So Remember my Screen Name and Hit Me Up you find out! :D

Any itinerary that does NOT include Nassau or Cozumel!

Seriously, here's my 7 night itinerary out of San Juan:

1. San Juan, Puerto Rico
  2. At Sea
  3. Aruba, NA
  4. Cartagena, Colombia
  5. Panama Canal (partial transit)
  6. At Sea
  7. At Sea
  8. San Juan, Puerto Rico

Archived