day passes at resorts?

Sew4me

We too used Island Marketing for our resort day in Barbados. http://barbadoscruiseexcursions.com/BarbadosResortBeachBreak.html We used this company before for our Cozumel and a western caribbean cruise, and every tour was great, so we used them again last cruise. We did the resort day in Barbados, beautiful beach, and i loved the pool. for St maarten we did a snorkel trip, both were great days on our vacation.

We too used Island Marketing for our resort day in Barbados. http://barbadoscruiseexcursions.com/BarbadosResortBeachBreak.html We used this company before for our Cozumel and a western caribbean cruise, and every tour was great, so we used them again last cruise. We did the resort day in Barbados, beautiful beach, and i loved the pool. for St maarten we did a snorkel trip, both were great days on our vacation.

Hi. We will be going there on Wednesday, April 11th. Where did you get the taxi and how much was it? Also did you take your own towels or were they provided? How expensive was the food and adult beverages? Thank you so much for your help. We are so excited to visit here! Wanda

• 2 weeks later...
We booked a day pass through Island Marketing for the Hilton. Wanda

Thank you for your posts, this helps a lot with figuring what we will do in November when we are there. I too am curious about the cabs and getting back to the ship after the day at the Hilton.

• 1 month later...
http://barbadoscruiseexcursions.com/BarbadosResortBeachBreak.html

Did anyone do this day pass? It looks amazing.

Should I feel guilty that I am not out there sightseeing? I can't decide between this or going out on the silver moon cat tour? Any suggestions?

Yes, we this is the day pass we booked. We took a taxi from the cruise ship terminal...off hand i think we paid $5 each.

The pool was great, there is a restaurant / bar beside the pool and beach, it was burgers and sandwiches. We found a vendor on the beach that got fish sandwiches from him, they were cheap, something like $5 each, and probably the besh fish burger i have ever had!

http://barbadoscruiseexcursions.com/BarbadosResortBeachBreak.html

Did anyone do this day pass? It looks amazing.

Should I feel guilty that I am not out there sightseeing? I can't decide between this or going out on the silver moon cat tour? Any suggestions?

Has to be the Hilton.... if so - we booked directly with the Hilton for $25US pp which included everything this company offers. Food and drinks extra and we felt somewhat expensive. If the hotel is not full they may offer you a food package but you won't know til you get there. Towels were provided and taxi was $5US pp each way. Taxis don't like wet clothes so take a change. Check out the Hilton web site and email them directly.

BTW - we found everything was priced in Barbadian $$ so ask for US $ pricing (should be half Barbadian) ie the hotel quoted us $50 BD or $25 US.

Yeah, our taxi driver was pissed that he had 4 beachgoers going back to the ship in bathing suits even though we were dry and sat on our towels. He was grumpy all the way to the pier. Never said a word and couldn't get there fast enough! Remember, Janette?

There are much nicer beaches in Barbados.

The water is wavy and a little rough at this resort.

Thank you for your posts, this helps a lot with figuring what we will do in November when we are there. I too am curious about the cabs and getting back to the ship after the day at the Hilton.

The taxi stand is right at the terminal. You just walk up and tell one of the many guys giving people directions where you want to go and he will tell you where to go stand and a taxi will show up and take you where you want to go. At the hotels taxis are usually coming and going constantly, but if not they will call one for you at the conceirge desk.

• 1 month later...
Has to be the Hilton.... if so - we booked directly with the Hilton for $25US pp which included everything this company offers. Food and drinks extra and we felt somewhat expensive. If the hotel is not full they may offer you a food package but you won't know til you get there. Towels were provided and taxi was $5US pp each way. Taxis don't like wet clothes so take a change. Check out the Hilton web site and email them directly.

BTW - we found everything was priced in Barbadian $$ so ask for US $ pricing (should be half Barbadian) ie the hotel quoted us $50 BD or $25 US.

I can't find anything about day passes on the Barbados Hilton website. How did you find this day-pass option?

We went to the Hilton on a day pass last fall. We absolutely loved it. We prefer pools to the ocean, so can't speak to the waves. They have a very nice pool. We took the option to include the lunch, which we were able to confirm upfront when we booked (maybe that has changed?). We emailed the hotel directly and handled the reservations via email. The food for lunch was very good (albeit casual) and we felt we got a decent deal for the money.

Be advised - you may have trouble with taxi drivers. The hotel actually advised us about this before our trip. We got into a taxi at the port and got a quoted price for where we were going. We were annoyed because we got put into a van and then had to wait and wait for more passengers before we could leave. When we got there (and we got dropped off last) the taxi driver wanted to charge us 1/3 more than we had been quoted. He argued and argued and it was not until my husband threatened to call the police did he give up, take our agreed-upon money and leave. Prior to our stop, some other passengers also got into an argument with him over what he was charging them. I will not say this would always happen of course, but the fact that the hotel warned us about this says to me that it happens with some degree of regularity. Not sure what you can do about it, except make sure to re-confirm the amount before taking off. It is dismaying that an island that relies on tourism (and is much more well-off than most) would do this to tourists on an apparently regular basis.

Archived