Has any1 done B2B on Smooth Jazz Cruise?

mrsbuddha123

Hi I'm looking for someone who has done B2B on Smooth Jazz Cruise or SJC week 2 followed by The Jazz Cruise. I'm planning on doing the later Jan 2014. Looking for info while in planning stage. Thanks if you can help!

I can only afford one at a time "grasshopper.";)

This grasshopper does understand the expense of the cruise which is why I am consulting the masters like yourself to prepare for 2014 travel. Thanks for stopping by.

I'll stop by in a few day to see if there is any feedback on b2b cruising... I'd be interested in hearing the perspective of others.

I'll stop by in a few day to see if there is any feedback on b2b cruising... I'd be interested in hearing the perspective of others.

There hasn't been any feedback but after searching this site there are several people who have attended at least one SJC, TJC, or Malt Shop so I was hoping of those people someone has met a least one person who has done the back to back. As it stands I am estimating my costs: deposit would be double and so would the payments. I am wondering could the payments be broken or is it one lump some for both. I'm going to call the production company and inquire. I love to hear from former guests because it is first hand and gives a point of view from a consumer standpoint.

Thanks again.

I'm teaching Chante how to pack everything into one flight attendant suitcase, so we don't have to check any bags and being happy in an inside cabin on the lido deck. She is after all a New Orleans Classic Beauty and I am a very secure man....lol......

There hasn't been any feedback but after searching this site there are several people who have attended at least one SJC, TJC, or Malt Shop so I was hoping of those people someone has met a least one person who has done the back to back. As it stands I am estimating my costs: deposit would be double and so would the payments. I am wondering could the payments be broken or is it one lump some for both. I'm going to call the production company and inquire. I love to hear from former guests because it is first hand and gives a point of view from a consumer standpoint.

Thanks again.

In the beginning I thought I'd go and see what it was all about. While standing in the Holland America terminal waiting to check-in, some of the folks said "your first time, you'll be back." After boarding the ship, meeting some of the people (now called family:)), hearing the music and interacting with the artists up close and personal, you just know you'll be back. Also, along with the main concerts nightly, there are so many intimate jam and Q & A sessions throughout the week. Sometimes you're at odds over what to see next;). Since there are so many repeat guests on these cruises, you begin to know everyone and it really does seem like family. Hope this helps.

In the beginning I thought I'd go and see what it was all about. While standing in the Holland America terminal waiting to check-in, some of the folks said "your first time, you'll be back." After boarding the ship, meeting some of the people (now called family:)), hearing the music and interacting with the artists up close and personal, you just know you'll be back. Also, along with the main concerts nightly, there are so many intimate jam and Q & A sessions throughout the week. Sometimes you're at odds over what to see next;). Since there are so many repeat guests on these cruises, you begin to know everyone and it really does seem like family. Hope this helps.

Got it! My friend Hattack aka Chante Moore's new boyfriend has been on many, many cruises. He is super laid back has a wealth of information and all around nice guy. These forums give me a chance to hear many perspectives. He has duck feathers repellent no nonsense. You seem so excited about your upcoming voyage thanks again for sharing.

I'm teaching Chante how to pack everything into one flight attendant suitcase, so we don't have to check any bags and being happy in an inside cabin on the lido deck. She is after all a New Orleans Classic Beauty and I am a very secure man....lol......

Yes and you make a beautiful couple. I'm sure she uses the record label's jet. Hence no luggage fees. Lol.

Mrsbuddha I wish I could tell you that I have done b2b, but hace been able to free up that much time. I'm also planning my 2014 cruise with them and just waiting for them to open the booking process. I have done several of these and do have friends that have done b2b SJC and know of someone doing wk2 SJC & TJC b2b. I will give you what info I'm aware of.

As far as payment options , ECP offers 3 options. I believe you can pay monthly, quarterly with a final payment on 12/1 or I do the standard plan and pay it off on 9/1. I pay my deposit and balance the same way you would eat an elephant; small bites over a period of time. ECP are wonderful to work with and I haven't and neither have my friends had an issue with their service. I highly recommend that you contact them and let them know what you are planning to do and they will work with you on all of your options. Amy, Dave and Megan there are super to work with and they can help you figure out how to get a b2b done. I would say tell them that Greg from AZ sent you, but it won't get you any special deals and they always treat you like family.

As far as the b2b process goes. My friends were in the same cabin both weeks so they didn't have to pack and move from their cabin. They did say that on the Sunday between weeks that all of the artist and b2b cruisers had to gather in the MDR in the morning. My friends did leave the ship briefly, but I don't recall them saying it was mandatory. They ran some errands and picked up a few items and got back on the ship. HAL may require you to disembark just so they can verfy the ship has been cleared. They did have to get new room keys/ID, which makes sense since your sailing dates are on there.

They said that doing b2b SJC was great because it gave them 2 wks to do everything and not try to cram it all into 1 week. With all of the entertainment and activities that ECP puts on it is a killer to do it all in 1 week. They also pointed out some slight differences in the crowd. Week 2 has a lot of returning guest where wk 1 has a more first time cruisers than wk 2. Week 2 cruisers refer to week 1 as rehearsal and wk 2 as ALL OUT PARTY WEEK. With TJC being a different take (traditional take) on the genre, you probably have a different crowd from the SJC. One thing I have heard is that TJC is high energy with pretty much non stop music and fun. I don't know if they're walking out of the Crows Nest at 5 every morning, but I heard it is a great time. I love all things jazz so I would love to do SJC & TJC b2b or all 3 wks if I could clear the schedule (it is on my retirement list though).

I'm sure Vegas and Hattack have said this and I'm sure you've read it in other post, most theme cruisers are repeat theme cruisers. We don't go on non-theme cruises any more. I don't know of any traditional cruises that can give me a performance by either a Grammy winning or nominated artist for 7 straight nights. I think '13 will be #8 or 9 for us on SJC, and yes they are FAMILY. The folks at ECP and the passengers of wk 2 are family and we consider it a Family Reunion. Heck we've had the same cabin and neighbors for at least the last 6 years. Hopefully the folks at ECP can work '14 out for you and you'll be joining us.

I hope that helps and let us know if you have more questions. If I don't have an answer I will try to find someone who does.

AZ Greg is right on the $$$$$$ each of the successful full charter music cruises (Festival At Sea, The Smooth Jazz Cruise, The Jazz Cruise, Capital Jazz SuperCruise, Dave Koz&Friends, The Jam Cruise, Legendary Rhythm&Blues Cruise) all have high repeat business and it does become like a family with cruisers and artists. At the pre-cruise party and in the terminal it is a reunion with hugs and kisses from repeat guests whom you may not remember their names but you remember your musical experiences from previous music cruises with them. Folks even sit in the same area year after year in the main showroom and on the lido deck. The promoter's staff remembers you in both your precruise booking process (which is why I don't stress about them resolving issues) and onboard during the cruise week. The artists really love and appreciate the fact that everyone paid alot of their hard earned $$$$$ to support them and live music and make the cruise really incredible. In return there is an unspoken bond that guests honor the artist's privacy when they are with their families or eating in return you have so many opportunities to hear them perform in so many venues and to take pics and speak with them. I discovered that you really don't realize how much fun you had until I return home and look at my pics. Plus when you hear a song on the radio by an artist that was on the cruise your mind instantly goes into cruise mode. SuperCruise IV (2010) featured the last live performance of Teena Marie before her untimely death the following month. She performed on the packed lido deck on black/white theme night and rocked the boat. She gave so much love to us and received so much in return that evening. When I heard about her death, I went to my pics of that evening and cried. The same applies when I was on the Smooth Jazz Cruise with Wayman Tisdale

Ms411 likes to tease me about my passion for the SuperCruise. As my friend AZ Greg shared with us, unlike a normal cruise (which I will never go on again unless I win a cabin),these full charter music cruises are like family reunions and are ingrained in our vacation DNA.

It's always fun to be seated at dinner during the week with folks who for them is their first cruise ever. I always tell them that they will never be able to go on a normal cruise because they will be bored out of their minds. They think it is normal to be in the buffet line on the lido deck at noon on a full day at sea,and chat with George Duke or Gerald Albright. They think it is normal that every night after dinner they go to 5-6 different concerts and midnight jam sessions with incredible musicians and performances and then at 230 am go to the back of the lido deck on the Carnival Valor and have a slice of pizza with Chante Moore and find out your cabin is on the same deck as her 's (I found out on the 6th night of the cruise, my cabinmate met Chante in the hallway the first night and knew this and didna't say anything to me, which was probably for my own good....lol)

AZ Greg and Hattack

Thank you so very much for your detailed responses. For 2013 I'm booked on Soul Train and Disney. Capital Jazz picked the first week in Nov so that is a maybe. But my back to back Jan 2014 is a definite.

VivaVegas once your roll call gets rolling I will just read and stop chatting lol. You too have been very kind. Thanks again.

I'll be looking forward to meeting you AZGreg on Soul Train. VivaVegas hope to meet you on SJC in 2014 and Hattack meeting you has been great! Hope to see you again sooner than later.

Looks like I'll be on the Soul Train Cruise..will have to dig out of storage my Don Cornelius suit with the wide tie and bell bottom pants and practice going down the Soul Train Line with my Lady Chante Moore

A trivia question...who was the first White cross over artist that ever appeared on the show? I bet he will be on the cruise

Looks like I'll be on the Soul Train Cruise..will have to dig out of storage my Don Cornelius suit with the wide tie and bell bottom pants and practice going down the Soul Train Line with my Lady Chante Moore

A trivia question...who was the first White cross over artist that ever appeared on the show? I bet he will be on the cruise

They will be at the Capital Jazz Festival in June

Archived