Changes After Final Payment?

Just out of curiosity...if you've made final payment on a 4 night cruise and then decide to "upgrade" to another ship for a 7 night cruise (let's say during the same time frame), will RC let you apply your payment to a more expensive trip? It would make sense for them since they'll make more money, but since you would have to technically cancel your original cruise, I wasn't sure how they would handle it.

Anyone know? Thanks!

Just out of curiosity...if you've made final payment on a 4 night cruise and then decide to "upgrade" to another ship for a 7 night cruise (let's say during the same time frame), will RC let you apply your payment to a more expensive trip? It would make sense for them since they'll make more money, but since you would have to technically cancel your original cruise, I wasn't sure how they would handle it.

Anyone know? Thanks!

Is your cruise actually after final payment or you have just paid it in full by choice? If you aren't at final payment, then you should be able to move your money over to another cruise with no penalty. If the cruiseline final payment date has gone by, then you will be in penalty period and lose some money.

I only ask because it looks like you cruise is in August from your other posts.

Yes, our cruise isn't until August and final payment is due in June. We have only paid a deposit, but to be honest, we think we might win the lottery this summer... ;) OK, so maybe not the lottery, but we might be getting a little extra spending money and we have talked about using a little to "upgrade" to a 7 night cruise.

But I wouldn't do it if we lost any money by changing. I was just curious...

Thanks!

Yes, our cruise isn't until August and final payment is due in June. We have only paid a deposit, but to be honest, we think we might win the lottery this summer... ;) OK, so maybe not the lottery, but we might be getting a little extra spending money and we have talked about using a little to "upgrade" to a 7 night cruise.

But I wouldn't do it if we lost any money by changing. I was just curious...

Thanks!

This link will show you the cancellation policy.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=After+You+Purchase&faqId=227&faqSubjectId=323&faqType=faq

They might let you move a balance over to another cruise but it is usually considered a cancellation and rebook.

Try to decide before final payment.;):p

Archived