Staying at Hotels in Diagonal Mar Area

chelles24

Hello,

I think we've finally settled on using Marriott points to stay the night before our cruise at the AC Barcelona Forum which is in the Diagonal Mar area.

Does anyone know if there's an easy way to get to the cruise port (NCL Epic) via public transportation or approx how much a cab would be?

Thanks!!

• 1 month later...

Check with your hotel regarding a taxi when you check in. They should be able to arrange.

We stayed at the Hilton in that area a few years ago, it is quiet nice right on the Mediterranean. It is a ways from the port. The port is on one side of Barcelona and the hotel the other.

There are streetcars in the area but they will take you away from the Mediterranean, towards the mountains - another part of the city.

Coming the other way (cruise port to Hotel Diagonal Zero) our cab driver told us 35 Euros before we got in. We agreed. When a hotel calls a cab for you, you will be charged the travel time for him to drive to your hotel to collect you. That's why there will already be money on the meter when you get in (a drag, I know but that's how it is in Barcelona). Honestly, I wouldn't be taking public transportation to the cruise port with all my luggage. I would be frugal in another area and take a cab before I would board a city bus wil my luggage in tow. ;)

It's a great area; minutes to the beaches, huge 3 level shopping mall, lots of shops and restaurants and easy to walk around, steps from the Hop On Hop Off bus stop.

Archived