should I wait for WOW sale....

have been watching a cruise to Bermuda and the price is really good today.....is there a chance the price will go up for the WOW sale? can't decide whether to take a chance and wait for the WOW sale on Tuesday or book today. Thanks for any help.

• 2 months later...

YES! I just spoke to our RCCL certified vacation planner (works for RCCL) and she said that the prices WILL go up. We had JUST booked our honeymoon last week and I wanted to re-book (for a different date) on Monday to get the $200 OBC and she advised against it saying the prices are so low right now and they will be going up Monday! So, pay less now and don't get OBC, or pay more now and get OBC.

Not on WOW bookings. At least that's what RCCL told me earlier.

No, what I mean is IF the prices go UP for the WOW sale and you book. And then the price goes down AFTER the WOW sale is over (a week later or whenever prior to Final Payment), then you call and get an adjustment.

You are correct, IF you have a booking and the price is lower for a WOW (or any other specialty offer), you are not eligible for that price drop.

Erika

YES! I just spoke to our RCCL certified vacation planner (works for RCCL) and she said that the prices WILL go up. We had JUST booked our honeymoon last week and I wanted to re-book (for a different date) on Monday to get the $200 OBC and she advised against it saying the prices are so low right now and they will be going up Monday! So, pay less now and don't get OBC, or pay more now and get OBC.

Sorry not that I don't believe this is what you were told...but it's highly doubtful...RCL reps are not known for their accuracy on ANY subject..

If you book during a WOW sale & the price drops before final payment you ARE able to get the price drop...

She has no way to know if prices will go up or not. Just a guess

Incorrect info. If the price goes down after a WOW booking, you absolutely CAN get the price adjustment up till final payment as long as it is not a Tuesday special for new bookings only.

Have a feeling the rep was trying to get a booking now..:rolleyes:

I'm going to book today for EX May 30, 2013 sailing. It doesn't pay for me to wait as I will get a Balcony Savings Certificate and I'm geeting OBC from my TA.

Agree...if I were going to book an outside cabin on MJ or Monarch I would do the wow sale.. but for anything else my balcony disc. is better...and right now there are C&A coupons for MJ & Monarch for fall sailings...so not really any WOW factor for me...

What's a 'balcony discount'? I'm booked through a TA for Oasis next June (balcony D8), but would still love to save $$. First time cruiser if that makes a difference.

The balcony discount is a "frequent cruiser" benefit for upper tier members of the Crown and Anchor society. Once you take your cruise, you can sign up, and then when you reach a certain level, you'll be entitled to balcony discounts.

The balcony discount is a "frequent cruiser" benefit for upper tier members of the Crown and Anchor society. Once you take your cruise, you can sign up, and then when you reach a certain level, you'll be entitled to balcony discounts.

OK. Thanks.

Did anyone else NOT get an email about the WOW sale? I sure didn't. What gives???:confused::confused::confused:

Count us in the group that did not get it. Funny, we get all the other mailings. Perhaps since we already have 2 booked they figured we are done for awhile. WRONG.

In process of booking another "excursion" next fall. However, I do not want to risk a price increase, so will move forward with booking in one name to save on deposit, snag my balcony discount (yippee Enchantment will be sailing the from Port Canaveral) and run.

Also, the announcement about the sale is "flashing on RCCL's website. Noticed it yesterday.

Archived