Aloha or Baha Deck

Jaylie

My husband tends to get motion sick and I'm wondering which deck might be the better one. We will get a midship stateroom with a balcony, and those are two decks that were suggested by a friend. They haven't cruised on Princess, though, and we've only cruised on the Disney Dream. Thanks for any advice.

My husband tends to get motion sick and I'm wondering which deck might be the better one. We will get a midship stateroom with a balcony, and those are two decks that were suggested by a friend. They haven't cruised on Princess, though, and we've only cruised on the Disney Dream. Thanks for any advice.
It depends on the ship. There's little difference between Aloha or Baja in terms of ship movement as Aloha is immediately above Baja but on some Princess ships, there's an additional deck of cabins, Riviera, above Aloha. On those ships, if you had an Aloha balcony, you'd have cabins above you rather than public deck or the buffet which might make a difference in your cabin choice. If it were me and I tended to motion sickness, I'd opt for a Caribe deck balcony. Same cabin size but almost 2x the balcony (at 9'x9' vs. 9'x5') that's half-covered, half-uncovered.

My first choice would be Caribe deck for the reasons Pam mentions. If there is a big difference in price and don't want to pay the extra, then go with Baja deck, which is sandwiched between two passenger decks to avoid excess noise.:)

We prefer caribe midships and it is always where we try and get, as for Aloho,its a never never in our case, not only for motion but also you are under either sports decks or people scrambling for food at all hours so you do not get the quiet you do ( or should do) on Baja or Caribe etc and as many of the crew play basketball/sports outside normal hours it is a hit or miss if you are going to get a good nights sleep and this can be worse on different lines, if you cant get mid ships then the "general" rule is down and mid ships to stern and never up with the anchor ololloololol ( have you ever been up the front and had a achor start at a early docking of 5 am ollllllololoo);)

Archived