parking in Tampa?

mrshingles

I'm curious to see if you receive any responses. I posted the same question two weeks ago with nary a response. We're cruising in September out of Tampa and are definitely going to try this off-site parking company and I will definitely post comments, good or bad. It looks like it's only a mile or so away from the Port and will save us a lot of money.

• 4 weeks later...

We are sailing from Tampa in May and are going to use the garage, it's right across the street from the Carnival terminal. You can walk or valet if you wish.

I have read on a couple of other threads to use this one, but Premier get's bad reviews?

http://www.capital-parking.com/cruise-parking.html

It's about a mile away I think.

I have used Capital parking and its 5.99 a day with free shuttle. Plan on using them again this Sept. No problems or issues. Its a fenced parking lot that is monitored. NO different than the Channel Side garage that is 15 a day.

it has been a few years since we parked in Tampa. The structure is across the street. Don't fall for the scare tactics to use the valet service. I was told that if I didn't use them I would have a hard time finding my car when I got back. BS I know where I park, I don't know where the valet parks it. Was also told that they will bring the car to me and it will be ready when I get off the ship. Great if I want to stand in a line waiting for them to do it. Was also told how much it would cost compared to the parking structure and also informed that it didn't include the customary tip of $20.

I drove away. Parked in the structure. Didn't have any problem finding it and besides saving some money it was more convenient.

has anyone used the parking not in the port?It is advertised on cc and its only $5 a day with shuttle to port. what is the good and bad ?

If you are speaking of a location with the initials PPV, then the answer to your question is neither "good" nor "bad" . . .

It requires two words (shared by numerous cruisers on multiple lines on a weekend this past February) . . .

:( Pathetically Dismal :(

The hint for me should have been the absence of a contact phone number directly to the Tampa facility. When the driver was letting people off for CCL, NCL, & HAL that day, several asked for a phone number to call that return morning in case things didn't go as described (since they'd not gone as described for the embarkation thing), and the driver's answer was, "If there was a number and you dialed it, you'd only become more frustrated"

The design of the facilty entrance/exit is beyond doofus, and the backup of cars on the city street creates a traffic issue. I may try to come back to this thread and post some pictures of the cluster.

Archived