Spirit Spring Break Cruise 3/18/-3/25

taymiss2

Here are my quick impressions of our 3/18/-3/25 NCL Spirit cruise out of New Orleans. We were a group 18 – 9 - adults in their 40’s. 6- 17-18 year old high school senior girls, 2- 15 year old boys and 1- 9 year old girl. Only four out of the group had cruised before.

· Overall most everyone had a blast.

· There was not much “Spring Break” action at all on this trip. There seemed to be a handful of college kids hanging out of the pool but they never were loud or obnoxious. Our teenager girls accused us of booking this cruise on purpose so because there were so many old people on board. I really expected there to be more young people for them to hang out with. See more on this below. ( Although we did over hear one older couple comment that they had forgotten about spring break and noticed there were much more bikini bodies than usual. So maybe it was a different crowd than usual but in terms of kids on the ship without parents there were just one or two small groups that I could tell.

· Having some girls be 17 and some girls be 18 was a problem. They were in a no man’s land with no where they belonged. They really had no where for them to go and dance at night. A group of high school kids would gather at the club at 10:30 pm but then all would be kicked out at 11:00pm. As they put it “it would be all of us and one old lady in a wheel chair in there, then we would get kicked us out and it would then be an empty room.” I saw a group of them all troop down to the front desk at 11:00 pm one night to protest. It didn’t make any sense to me for these kids to have nowhere to go. No wonder the wander the ship in packs. They ended up just going to the shows and then sat around somewhere.

· The 9 year old loved the kids club and the kid’s pool area. Couldn’t wait to go every night.

· Everyone thought the food was good. Raved over a few dishes, others were just ok.

· Jill the cruise director is hilarious.

· I hope the newlywed guy who answered “her attitude and her brain” to the question which part of your wife would you like to be smaller and which bigger had a fun cruise after his new wife heard that!

· We were the only ship that was able to dock in Costa Maya. The ships that were to go to Mahogany Bay in Roatan couldn’t dock that day either. We were so grateful to make all of our ports.

· Run do not walk to Roatan. It is awesome. We all want to go back for a week. Thanks Kenny our driver from Victor Boddan.

Was also on this cruise and could not believe how quiet it was. Of course,being 60 we enjoyed that ! Loved Roaton also and they were so grateful to you for coming. Our favorite place was Paradise Beach in Cozemel. Word paradise surely described it ! and only $2 pp What a deal!

We also spent the day at Paradise beach in Cozumel. Everyone loved it. Ziplined and then Mayan Princess day pass in Roatan, Tropicante in Costa Maya. With only one ship in port it was pretty quiet there. More room for us, lol.

We were also on this cruise (4 ages 60+, me age 35+, one age 29, one 12 yr. old, one 11 and one 4)

We had a fantastic time. My 11 yr. old and 4 yr. old loved the kids club.

We did Maya Chan and loved it.

What happened in Roatan stays in Roatan. That's all I can say :)

The food was fantastic in both of the dining rooms.

Dana

I have to comment on one thing that I mentioned in my review too. We sailed the same week, different ship, and we met a lot of 19 and 20yr olds who wanted to hang out with us but after spinnaker shut down, they couldnt get into bliss which really sucked. We didnt have this problem last year on the jewel as the party was always in spinnakers and 18+ iirc. While I am no longer technically a spring breaker we still plan on sailing during this tmes every year, so I hope for that age ranges sake they figure something out.

Here are my quick impressions of our 3/18/-3/25 NCL Spirit cruise out of New Orleans. We were a group 18 – 9 - adults in their 40’s. 6- 17-18 year old high school senior girls, 2- 15 year old boys and 1- 9 year old girl. Only four out of the group had cruised before.

· Overall most everyone had a blast.

· There was not much “Spring Break” action at all on this trip. There seemed to be a handful of college kids hanging out of the pool but they never were loud or obnoxious. Our teenager girls accused us of booking this cruise on purpose so because there were so many old people on board. I really expected there to be more young people for them to hang out with. See more on this below. ( Although we did over hear one older couple comment that they had forgotten about spring break and noticed there were much more bikini bodies than usual. So maybe it was a different crowd than usual but in terms of kids on the ship without parents there were just one or two small groups that I could tell.

· Having some girls be 17 and some girls be 18 was a problem. They were in a no man’s land with no where they belonged. They really had no where for them to go and dance at night. A group of high school kids would gather at the club at 10:30 pm but then all would be kicked out at 11:00pm. As they put it “it would be all of us and one old lady in a wheel chair in there, then we would get kicked us out and it would then be an empty room.” I saw a group of them all troop down to the front desk at 11:00 pm one night to protest. It didn’t make any sense to me for these kids to have nowhere to go. No wonder the wander the ship in packs. They ended up just going to the shows and then sat around somewhere.

· The 9 year old loved the kids club and the kid’s pool area. Couldn’t wait to go every night.

· Everyone thought the food was good. Raved over a few dishes, others were just ok.

· Jill the cruise director is hilarious.

· I hope the newlywed guy who answered “her attitude and her brain” to the question which part of your wife would you like to be smaller and which bigger had a fun cruise after his new wife heard that!

· We were the only ship that was able to dock in Costa Maya. The ships that were to go to Mahogany Bay in Roatan couldn’t dock that day either. We were so grateful to make all of our ports.

· Run do not walk to Roatan. It is awesome. We all want to go back for a week. Thanks Kenny our driver from Victor Boddan.

I was also on this cruise as a single lady in her 60's. and I had a blast. I do not know when I have had so much fun. This was my 16th cruise with NCL and my 3rd on The Spirit, one this past January.

My family and I were on this cruise and all had a blast. My daughter, her husband, and their 3 year old son had an awesome time. Son in law's and grandson's first cruise. Everyone thought the food was great and the entertainment was over the top. The only part that was not great was the white hot party. Seems the DJ according to my kids played the same songs he played in the club. The white hot party in 2010 on the Star I thought was a blast. We all left the one on the Spirit early because of the music selections. Over all a great time was had by all in the ship. Many thanks go out to the staff at Tropicante, Steve and his staff treated everyone in my family great. When I get back to Costa Maya we will return to the Tropicante.

Archived