Eurodam VF or VT?

edgeman61

The DW and myself are sailing on the Eurodam this December. The only other HAL ship we have been on is the Amsterdam so this will be our first Verandah experience with HAL as the Verandahs on the Amsterdam are a significant premium over the Oceanviews.

That being said, we have currently booked a VF on the Port side of deck 5 close to midship, we could get a VT "Spa" cabin on deck 11 for the same fare but are unsure of the location so high up and so close to the Crows Nest and Explorations Lounge.

Has anyone been in either of these locations? If so, what did you like about each one and what didn't you like.

Thanks in advance.

The main problem with the VT is not the location but that they have just tiny circular "Juliette" standing-only balconies. Not even room for one chair. Your deck 5 VF balcony will only be 4 feet deep, but at least there's two chairs, a footstool, and a small table.

Between the two, I would choose a VT, if I had the availability to book a retreat Cabana, which is only steps away. Right by the VT's there is a nice little bathroom that one could use, (nice to have another water closet so close, and very nice size,) and the lounge is great. I really like the area.

You just have to decide what works for you. If you are ok with a smaller viewing balcony versus a 4ft balcony then I would do the VT. Really nice location.

Get the best of both with a VQ on deck 10! Quiet location that's close to everything. Regular sized veranda. Spa amenities were not that big of a deal, except for the very nice iPod/iPhone docking station stereo.

Archived