"Didja"...?

hannahsmomtoo

On the Conquest in January, the Didja menu items were things such as frog legs, alligator bites, things that were slightly off the usual. I don't know that all the ships have it, but, from the sounds of it most do.

You can see the Didja appetizers listed on the menus, along with pictures of most, here:

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/menus/new_11_11/index.htm

Yum!!!! Thanks for sharing. Somehow had missed the new menus and with the pictures, cannot wait for our October cruise. I'm usually not a foodie but some of the new salads and entrees sound great. ;)

What's sad is none of these foods are "new" or even slightly exotic to me, since I've lived in Louisiana. They eat just about everything down here.

Isn't that the truth........what exactly is in those beuxdang things????????

My didja was the alligator fritters-lots of frit, but the dipping sauce was fantastic!.

DH did the frog legs. He said lots of garlic, and he would do them again.

We'd already done the escargot-lots of garlic and we would do them again

And Oysters Rockefeller, I've loved them everywhere I have gone, but I read that you only get two so we skipped that.

Boudin Noir is the best!

I had one a couple of years ago and the first bite seemed pretty yummy, but the 2nd one got more funky and after that I just couldn't go on....

I generally don't like to eat stuff that I can't identify.

I had one a couple of years ago and the first bite seemed pretty yummy, but the 2nd one got more funky and after that I just couldn't go on....

I generally don't like to eat stuff that I can't identify.

I could not agree with this more!! A very good practice...LOL.....

My didja was the alligator fritters-lots of frit, but the dipping sauce was fantastic!.

DH did the frog legs. He said lots of garlic, and he would do them again.

We'd already done the escargot-lots of garlic and we would do them again

And Oysters Rockefeller, I've loved them everywhere I have gone, but I read that you only get two so we skipped that.

I just ordered three orders fo Rockefeller so I had enough:) They were actually pretty good, better than I expected.

I was really surprised to see Sushi on the Didja menu. Maybe it's just here in Los Angeles that it is SOOO commonplace, but really? Sushi?

I'd like to try some of the other things - alligator, for instance - but it sounds like they make things very spicy, and I don't care for spicy. Is it just the dipping sauce that's spicy or the whole fritter thing?

Most scallops you eat in restaurants are actually shark meat especially when they are bigger "hunks".

Well being from Fla and eating fresh scallops you can usaully tell when something's amiss . That being said I have had stingray before and it's pretty close in taste.

I was really surprised to see Sushi on the Didja menu. Maybe it's just here in Los Angeles that it is SOOO commonplace, but really? Sushi?

I'd like to try some of the other things - alligator, for instance - but it sounds like they make things very spicy, and I don't care for spicy. Is it just the dipping sauce that's spicy or the whole fritter thing?

I dont care for spicy either, and I had no issues.

Are the Didja items the same fleetwide? I was hoping that they had something to do with the region from which the ship sailed, since many of the items on that Didja menu last summer in the Caribbean seemed specific to the New Orleans area.

This is one of the changes that I am soooo looking forward to. I have had the escargot in the specialty restaurant but not in the MDR. I also had alligator in NOLA last July prior to my last cruise. But since I usually enjoy Carnivals food I am anticipating being pretty happy.

Archived