Tracy Arm or Hubbard Glacier???

clc41297

No question, Tracy Arm. It is beautiful even if you don't make it to the glaciers. The scenery is breathtaking. See my pictures below and see if you don't agree. Of course, the pictures can't convey the SIZE of the mountains and waterfalls and such. The only regret I have about the cruise that we are taking this year is that we don't go to Tracy Arm.

Tracy Arm has the twin Sawyer glaciers, but they don't look as impressive as Hubbard. Hubbard was really impressive. It's the largest tidewater glacier in Alaska, and atypically is advancing instead of retreating. When I was there, the ice from the calving lined the shore for miles and miles. I had a disposable panoramic camera and put four of the pictures together and still couldn't see the end of the ice.

Which of these two would you pick as far as can't miss seeing them?

Princess does Tracy Arm and RCCL does Hubbard. So...... it is one or the other.

Thanks....:)

We had the same delemma, but we ended up choosing HAL because they go to both Tracy Arm AND Glaciar Bay on a 7 day RT Vancouver. Most all other cruises seem to go to one or the other.

Have fun whatever you choose.

I have been to both. By cruiseship- I think Hubbard is best, Tracy Arm is just superior going via a small boat- which NCL has the excellent add on tours- which those going - definately take.

But all glaciers are unique and it's the TOTAL cruise to consider. Plenty of compromises and any trip. I would strongly consider the route- Princess does a lot of outside passage sailing on this trip.

We will let you know when we get back!! We are so excited about our upcoming cruise...we had a hard time deciding too, but ultimately decided on Hubbard. I'm planing on taking tons of pictures!!

Amanda:D

Having done both they each have their own views. Hubbard Glacier by far is so spectacular that all you see is ice and snow. Tracy Arm is great in that you cruise into a fiord and the Sawyer Glaciers are at the end. Most of the cruise ships cannot get very close to the glaciers because of the small iceburgs floating around the ship will do a turn so that everyone can see the glaciers. If I had a pick I would do Hubbard Glacier.

marilyn

I can't decide..........so

Do you think I am crazy by putting a deposit on both cruises and cancelling one when the deadline approaches?

Please tell me others have done this!!!:eek:

I can't decide..........so

Do you think I am crazy by putting a deposit on both cruises and cancelling one when the deadline approaches?

Please tell me others have done this!!!:eek:

No, I've done it myself. :) But do realize, EVERY Alaska cruise is a compromise and Alaska is never a one time trip. So go with what sailing works out best ALL the way around considering ports, time in ports, route, glacier , price.

Archived