SS air question

cmhmarine

Has anyone ever elected ss air promo, but requested business upgrade on one segment only?

I thought of this while looking at my flights for my up coming cruise where I have a 14+ hour flight from Atlanta to Tokyo.

All the other legs are domestic and are not too bad, but was wondering on the chance of upgrading this one segment, or if anyone has any experience with it with ss.

Silversea generally does not give Business Class on flights across the U.S. We did ask if we could book Business Class Air only one way since we live near the embarkation port. The answer was yes.. . . but we have to pay the whole price (as if it were round-trip).

I apologize for not answering the OP's question, but did want to respond. We have taken SS's business air promo twice, and once the domestic air was coach while the over water portion was business. However, the second time the domestic is first class, not coach.

I am not exactly sure why, but I am not complaining! I believe it is on United.

Thanks for the info. I was afraid that they were going to charge me the full business price for just one leg that was international.

Here is my situation.

Flying Mia to Atl, then Atl to Nrt. The Atl to Nrt leg is the only international leg.

Voyage 3213 from Tokyo to Seward, Ak.

Then flying Anchorage to Seattle, then back to Miami.

The way I read the business promo it sounded like the only leg that was guaranteed business was the international leg, and seemed at the time I booked not worth 3300 extra.

Now I wish I was able to upgrade with delta for that one leg, but "u" fares are not eligible.

Archived