When to send invitations

laineyj

So I'm not sure when I should send my wedding invitations and I keep having this discussion with family members and they all tell me something different. Should I send them a year in advance or eight months before the wedding. The wedding is going to be in Cali, where I am from and where most of my family lives, so a year might be too soon? When did you all send your invitations?

We also sent the STDs about 11-12 months in advance, along with an information sheet about booking the cruise with us. Our goal was to get the invitations out in late January, but they wound up not going out until the first week of March, because of delays with the design (me) and the printing (not me). We're still waiting on all the RSVPS to come back, but based on the ones that have come back we have about a 50% yes rate... which is probably what to expect on a Monday wedding 3+ hours from where everyone lives I guess.

I sent out my STD's last month, mainly because I knew that some of my family wants to sail with us. I will probably send my invitations in May just to be safe. Thanks for all of your input :)

I think a lot of it depends on if your doing an embarkation day wedding or a port wedding.

We live about 50 minutes from port along with 99% of our friends and family. We are getting married on embarkation day. We let everyone know we were doing a cruise wedding from the time we booked. We told everyone they could cruise with us if they wanted but didn't have to.

Since everyone already knew about it and most people who were planning on booking booked almost as soon as we told them we were doing a cruise wedding, we sent out our save the dates in December and our invitations mid March with RSVP return date of April 13 (about 4 weeks). We are getting married May 20th. This gives me about 2 weeks to call and get RSVPs from those who didn't return theirs. :)

Hope that helps!

Archived