Upgrade Fairy Has Waved Here Wand

ToadOfToadHall

We bought our tickets at a window on Blankenberge station.

OK I understand that they do have a ticket office, but I was only pointing out that if like when I was last there and the bus dropped me with only 5 minutes before the train was due to depart I could save the hassle and could have bought it on the train. The conductor didn't show up so II saved a couple of Euros.:):)

OK I understand that they do have a ticket office, but I was only pointing out that if like when I was last there and the bus dropped me with only 5 minutes before the train was due to depart I could save the hassle and could have bought it on the train. The conductor didn't show up so II saved a couple of Euros.:):)

Capnpugwash

If a ship was to be planned to dock in Zeebrugge at say 9AM - what would the earliest train that we could get - is 10.11 AM realistic, considering we have to get to Blankenberge first??

Barry

Capnpugwash

If a ship was to be planned to dock in Zeebrugge at say 9AM - what would the earliest train that we could get - is 10.11 AM realistic, considering we have to get to Blankenberge first??

Barry

I would say that was too tight, you would probably be better an hour later.

I would say that was too tight, you would probably be better an hour later.

Hmm - well if that is the case,combined with a 5.30PM departure it would hardly be worth going to Brugge BYO?? Would only get around 3 hours in the town.

Barry

Hmm - well if that is the case,combined with a 5.30PM departure it would hardly be worth going to Brugge BYO?? Would only get around 3 hours in the town.

Barry

Brges is a very pretty city and I would suggest that do go even for 3 or 4 hours. If not Blankenberg is a seaside town and might be worth a walk around. Get a plate of Frites and mayonnaise. :)

Capnpugwash

Barry

My notes from two years ago on the QV when we docked in Zeebrugge at 8.00am and left at 5.30pm:

Shuttle bus: first is 8.30am depart and last return one is 4.30pm. (20 min journey)

We got the 9.30am shuttle, 10.10am train and 2.38pm return train (we didn't risk getting the 3.38pm train back)

So that gave us 4 hours in Bruges.

Ray

Thanks for that - we don't actually arrive in port until 9AM - but IF we could get on the 10.11AM train from Blankenberge , it would be good. Apparently there is also a bus (No. 33) from Blankenberge to Brugge which I am going to investigate further.

Barry

Archived