Review - 1st time cruisers - Freedom 8nt eastern - Feb 29 - March 4, 2012

finzup-kt

Absolutely loved your review & writing style. Totally understand about not being able to drink. Whew. :) Thanks for your picasa link. Going to look at your pics now. We're hitting all the same ports on the Valor in May. Ready for it to get here.

I have a hint for improving many, if not all of the desserts. Order a WCMC along with your orange sponge cake, Bitter-n-Blanc, bread pudding (cake), cheesecake or even the Grand Marnier soufflé. It’s a terrific topping. The first night, when I put my husband’s WCMC on the orange sponge cake I thought I had died and gone to heaven.

GREAT idea about the WCMC and the REVIEW was Fabulous!

I rarely post on here but I must say that this is one of the best reviews I have read in the past 6 years. Bravo! We are cruising on the Freedom as a surprise gift for our 70 year young mother. I am so tempted to show her this review but I promised my sister I would not tell her. However, as soon as I can I plan on letting her read this review ASAP. :)

Love! Love! The review...awesome!

We are tossing and turning about whether or not to go the "Dig" in Atlantis. We have never been to Atlantis before. First time to Nassau actually. Yours is the first review i've come across that seemed to highlight the dig as a positive experience. Do you think it's worth it? Is it just a "glorified aquarium"? We have the Shed Aquarium in nearby Chicago and i'm wondering if it'll be like that. Basically, what's so special about the "Dig" and is it worth it? Thank you for your opinions.

Kristy

Hubby and I are going on our first cruise in June on this ship and I loved your review. It was wonderfully detailed and I feel that we will have a super time on our cruise too. Best of luck with the baby and I hope you keep us updated on his/her arrival. Again thank you so much for your fabulous review . Paula Z

Loving your review! We did this same itinerary (Dec. 2011) and it was our first cruise as well. I'm slowly compiling information for a trip review, LOL! I'm SO slow :-) I'm so glad I stumbled upon your review - it's like reliving our cruise - THANK YOU!

Love! Love! The review...awesome!

We are tossing and turning about whether or not to go the "Dig" in Atlantis. We have never been to Atlantis before. First time to Nassau actually. Yours is the first review i've come across that seemed to highlight the dig as a positive experience. Do you think it's worth it? Is it just a "glorified aquarium"? We have the Shed Aquarium in nearby Chicago and i'm wondering if it'll be like that. Basically, what's so special about the "Dig" and is it worth it? Thank you for your opinions.

Kristy

it basically is an aquarium... it's a pretty cool one but still just really a "themed" aquarium.... i've never been to the shed aquarium, but i've been to mystic aquarium in CT, moody gardens in TX, and the one at mandalay bay in vegas and imho the one in atlantis is better than all 3 of them.

it's a bit spendy but if you like aquariums it's probably worth it...

REALLY enjoyed your review! How were the restrooms and changing area at Sapphire Beach? We are planning to go there, but I want to make sure that the restrooms are decent (not fancy, but fairly clean would be great) since we will have children and my elderly grandmother with us. :)

REALLY enjoyed your review! How were the restrooms and changing area at Sapphire Beach? We are planning to go there, but I want to make sure that the restrooms are decent (not fancy, but fairly clean would be great) since we will have children and my elderly grandmother with us. :)

they definitely weren't fancy but they were decent. I don't know if they had showers and such, i just changed in the restrooms. There were 2 decent sized stalls, indoors, and they had a sink/mirror, etc.

Katie,

Did you fly Southwest? I have about decided it will be just as cheap for us to fly from GA rather than drive. I am just not sure which returning flight to book. Can you give me an idea of departure from the boat, so I can look at departure times from the airport. I believe there was a 10:30 and then a 2:30, do you think 10:30 will be cutting it too close?

Thanks for you review, I am getting so excited waiting on our June cruise.

Michelle

Katie,

Did you fly Southwest? I have about decided it will be just as cheap for us to fly from GA rather than drive. I am just not sure which returning flight to book. Can you give me an idea of departure from the boat, so I can look at departure times from the airport. I believe there was a 10:30 and then a 2:30, do you think 10:30 will be cutting it too close?

Thanks for you review, I am getting so excited waiting on our June cruise.

Michelle

We did fly southwest.. I think we left around 2:30 or so from FLL.

I don't think you'd make the 10:30 flight. We were in departure group 31 and so we got off around 9ish.. the taxi line was HUGE. We managed to get a shuttle to the airport pretty quickly and were there by maybe 9:45ish.. the security line was LONG and I'd guess that we made it through to the gate area right around 10:30. The terminal was small, not much to see and do and it was crazy crowded. I don't know if it's like that all the time, but it was so bad there was no place to sit, people sitting on floors, trash cans overflowing, etc. It did suck waiting around so long for our flight but better to be safe than sorry.

If you got off in the 1st group around 7am I guess you would have a better chance of making the 10:30 flight but I don't know that I'd risk it...

Awesome, awesome review. Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm hitting the same ports in December aboard the Breeze.

Congratulations on your pregnancy.

Summary...

You are a very talented writer.

Looking forward to seeing the same ports in December.

Wishing you health and happiness with your new bundle of joy.

Great Review! I was on that cruise too. We had a great time. I have to agree with you about the piano player. He was really dissapointing. We were on RCI Freedom of the Seas last year and we loved the piano guy.

• 8 months later...

Hi everyone, thank you again for the nice comments on the review.

Our beautiful baby girl Charlotte was born in August and I'm completely in love with her :D

Here's a pic of her when she was about 6 weeks old. She's 5 months and change now! Time flies.

attachment.php?attachmentid=257261&stc=1&d=1358176047

I've just booked a cruise for May on the Breeze - she'll be 9 months. We'll see how she does! I'll definitely post another review :D

DSC_6278.jpg.88091e1fc456a5a9b6d1599ed746a3f2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived