sailing from the West Coast once again...

jmf123

Since Celebrity and Royal Caribbean are merged, I figured it was okay to let those wanting to cruise from the West Coast know the latest: http://travel.usatoday.com/cruises/post/2012/03/celebrity-cruises-los-angeles-ship/658487/1?csp=Travel :):D:cool:

:confused::confused: Celebrity and RCI are owned by RCCL and are completely independent of each other including their Loyalty Programs.

Since Celebrity and Royal Caribbean are merged, I figured it was okay to let those wanting to cruise from the West Coast know the latest: http://travel.usatoday.com/cruises/post/2012/03/celebrity-cruises-los-angeles-ship/658487/1?csp=Travel :):D:cool:[/quote

Since when did Celebrity and Royal Caribbean merge ?

Both are owned by the same holding company which is Royal Carribean Cruises LTD. and have not been merged. Royal Caribbean International which is the cruise line is owned by and not the same as Royal Carribean Cruises LTD. Celebrity Cruises is also owned byf Royal Carribean Cruise LTD and not owned by Royal Carribean International. They each operate as seperate companies that just happen to be owned by the same organization which does not constitute a merger.

Gee, I was just sharing the good news of Celebrity's return to the West Coast. :rolleyes: I am aware that Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. was established as the parent company of both RCI and Celebrity, and of the decision to keep the two cruise lines separate following the merger. Yes, it was described as a merger when announced back in the late 90s. Thank you Puffinater, for not being harsh. Anyway, I'm glad to read about future Celebrity sailings from LA and San Diego. :)

Gee, I was just sharing the good news of Celebrity's return to the West Coast. :rolleyes: I am aware that Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. was established as the parent company of both RCI and Celebrity, and of the decision to keep the two cruise lines separate following the merger. Yes, it was described as a merger when announced back in the late 90s. Thank you Puffinater, for not being harsh. Anyway, I'm glad to read about future Celebrity sailings from LA and San Diego. :)

I want to thank you too..Any news of west coast sailings closely aligned with RCI is good news to me...Sorry some feel the need to nit-pik...nothing new for those that know it all and will look for and jump on every opportunity to set someone else straight..Thanks again :)

:confused::confused: Celebrity and RCI are owned by RCCL and are completely independent of each other including their Loyalty Programs.

Hmmm.I thought as RCI C&A we did have some status when sailing on X...Your post seems to say NO :confused:..Not that I'm nit-piking :)

Celebrity and RCI are owned by RCCL and are completely independent of each other including their Loyalty Programs.
Hmmm.I thought as RCI C&A we did have some status when sailing on X...Your post seems to say NO :confused:..Not that I'm nit-piking :)

My post above never indicated that sailing on either line did not get your recognition. I said that their Loyalty Programs are independent of each other, which they are. You do not earn points for Celebrity if sailing on RCI and vice versa.:p

We C&A cruisers do get recognition on Celebrity if we've achieved certain levels. Platinum and Emerald get recognition as Celebrity Select cruisers and Diamond and above as Elite (and vice versa for the Celebrity Captain's Club members out there). However, as Patti is saying, time spent on a Celebrity ship does not increase your Royal Caribbean C&A total because the programs operate independently.

I want to thank you too..Any news of west coast sailings closely aligned with RCI is good news to me...Sorry some feel the need to nit-pik...nothing new for those that know it all and will look for and jump on every opportunity to set someone else straight..Thanks again :)

Thank you Ashland. And while the benefits of C & A and Captain's Club stay independent, and the number of sailings accrued on each line is not combined, you will receive equivalent recognition on Celebrity and Azamara. This is from Royal Caribbean's website: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Crown+%26+Anchor+Society&faqId=971&faqSubjectId=340&faqType=faq

Archived