Sightseeng tours with Pitons for 30-40$$?

Alexalparetta

Is any 3-4 hour tours to Pitons for 30-40 $$ or we have to pay 70-100$$ in order to see it. On the other Islands, like St. Thomas, we bought 2-3 tour for 20-25$$ and spent rest of the day on the beach. Here, I heard beaches far from the port and port itself is better to avoid, so I am confused how to see small Island without driving 6-7 hours in minivan with a little bathroom stops and without paying a premium price? We are going to be there next week.:) Thank for your help.

Check Serenity TVL - they have a Volcano & Piton Delight tour that is 3.5-4 hours and costs $35US, it needs a minimum of 6 people for the tour. You can check their website here for it: w w w dot serenitytvl dot com. Right on their homepage, about halfway/ 2/3 of the way down - a big star with a $35US Special in it - that's the tour.

Hopefully - CC won't delete this post!

Enjoy!.

Which special is it?

Again, it is right on their home page, in a big orange star saying $35US special - tour of volcano and Pitons. Check SerenityTVL dot com. It is on their homepage, about half way, maybe 2/3 down the homepage.

Enjoy your visit!

• 3 weeks later...

We did this tour for $35 pp and unfortunately had pretty bad experience. :( The reason is very simple: we had to wait 1,5 hours in the van until other people join the tour. Initially Serenity told us tour starts at 8.30, despite it is 10 am on their website. Finally I got a confirmation by email with 8.30 am time and exactly at 8.30 we were onshore. That's were nightmare started. Serenity ambassador told us we need to wait a few minutes for other people. In half an hour another few minutes started :mad:. Apparently they realized they told other people 10 am time and just kept lying to us. That's double frastrating because 10 am time would work much better for us because we travel with the baby and she had to wait in the van too. The tour guide was Ingrid. She was Ok, told us some basic information. Overall the tour was good. However we had to pay for everything including creole bread and drinks, which is understandable considering pretty low tour price. It is good example when worth-while idea (half day tour to Pitons) was ruined by poor management. I would not recommend this company to anybody first of all for very poor organization. It seems like they work so independently they have no idea each of them is doing.

Here is an update about my experience. Serenity contacted us and offered a full refund with sincerest apologies. It is first time the situation like this happened and they never had any unsatisfied customers. It looks like they are very concerned about company reputation which is a good sign. So probably dispite of what happened we will try them again next time in St. Lucia.

It was too long to wait till 10 am for Serenity Tour and we walked 10 min. to downtown and took a bus to Soufriere - 3$ per person. Official rate for taxi 90$. In Soufriere we hired boat to the beach near Gross Piton -25$ per boat. Boatman brought us back at 2.30 pm. Soda in the bar 9$, beer 13$, so bring your own, if it is too much for you. View was good, beach was OK. Generally I expected more from the island, instead of #1 it was #5 among all other islands on cruise. Very overpriced and less "friendly" . Gross Piton is worth to visit one time, other parts the same as on other islands, but beaches far from the port and just passable. Anyway , I wish everybody to have a good time on St Lucia and take it easy.

Archived