Luggage Entitlement

Plan B

Help required please. This is taken from the NCL website.

"How many suitcases can I take? Each guest is allowed two pieces of checked luggage, with a 22kg maximum each."

Should this be read as "each guest is allowed" or "each piece of luggage" for the 22kg?

We are boarding the Jade in Malaga - we live in Spain - so no airline restrictions need to be considered.

Thanks everyone

Each person can definitely take 2 suitcases where each suitcase weighs 22kg. To my knowledge, NCL does not count or weigh your suitcases when you check in. Just drop your bags with the person collecting bags upon your arrival. They don't have a scale or counter that I have ever seen. They just take them off as fast as possible. I think this guideline is more to make sure your airline permits all your bags. It also might be a policy that is in place just in case someone tries to bring 15 very large suit cases on board. But it is not readily enforced that I have seen as long as you are reasonable.

The luggage limits are not enforced, there are and have been numerous people travelling with a lot more of luggage than 2 per pax. So nothing to worry as long as they are handleable with ease (meaning that you don't have dozens of plastic bags or something equally horrible). :D

The luggage limits are not enforced, there are and have been numerous people travelling with a lot more of luggage than 2 per pax. So nothing to worry as long as they are handleable with ease (meaning that you don't have dozens of plastic bags or something equally horrible). :D

How many Steamer trunks can I bring on filled with shoes??? :D

How many Steamer trunks can I bring on filled with shoes??? :D

Dunno, I'm not a shoe person myself. :D:D My extra bags have usually been just soda cases. :)

We received 6 luggage tags in our packet.

At least in Miami the porters usually have plenty of luggage tags, you can always print them yourself too.

If I remember correctly, in 2009 in Barcelona the porter had no tags (at least back then the porter system was not like in US, most people took their own bags to the baggage drop from taxis and buses) and had to improvise with masking tape but the bags have always been delivered without any problems nonetheless.

I guess 2 aren't real? Reading over packet it says

2 each guest with a weight limit of 50 each piece.

So now I'm confused, can I only use 4 of the 6 :confused:

I always figured 2 were just extras in case you somehow messed up any of the 4 "good" ones.

That said, I would not worry about the maximum allowance of 2 bags per person, unless you're dealing with airline restrictions. I have never heard of anyone having the policy enforced by the cruise line.

Archived