Carnival Fantasy - OV aft

CocoaMom

Leaving the kids / husband behind and sailing with a friend on the Fantasy in April. I've taken mostly rccl, but did go on the Valor and loved it. So this is my 2nd carnival and her first. I picked this because it leaves from SC - friend had back surg and SC is a lot easier to reach.

Having said that, I know it's a smaller and oldest ship. We are booked (just booked / paid 5min ago) in an Oceanview aft ... I've always had a balcony, but since the Fantasy doesn't offer that, there was no way I was paying another $2,000 for a suite.

So tell me the good, bad and ugly on the Fantasy ... and I'd love to hear any input on that ov aft!

We are just off the Fantasy yesterday and had aft oceanview U239. It was a great room although a little smaller (or so it seemed) than past rooms we have had. There is A LOT of motion back there but we are the type of cruisers that enjoy the motion.

Loved being able to look out the window and see the wake and you can sit on the shelf under the window.

I will be writing a picture review over the weekend of our experience if you want to look for it. I took plenty of pics of the room.

We had a blast and cant wait to sail on Fantasy for a 4th time!

Lots of good reviews about the Fantasy, yes it is older and "smaller", if you can call only 2000 passengers small. It does have the serenity area. Will be on it in May and for us it's a 15 minute drive (our youngest will take us downtown). If driving here is a list of park and cruise hotels.

http://www.charlestoncvb.com/visitors/special_offers/packages/stay/

We are on the empress deck. I am not a fan of a lot of motion and honestly that was / still is a concern. Since I had just booked yesterday, all the midship cabins were gone and for now this was the best my pvp could give. I really need carnival to call with a super offer on a suite, lol!!

Archived