Bubba Kegs and Use??

mlzangel78

Just curious if alot of folks are still bringing these on board. We plan on ordering 2 bottles from BV and its my Hubbys 1st cruise, he says he doesnt want to be the only one carrying a bubba keg...

Just curious if alot of folks are still bringing these on board. We plan on ordering 2 bottles from BV and its my Hubbys 1st cruise, he says he doesnt want to be the only one carrying a bubba keg...

You'll see them but a lot just use a travel mug, I save the bubba for AI where drinks are free and I go down to the beach - saves running up all the time. The ship is much smaller and easier to get to bars or cabin so use a small mug. But you do see them

I should pick a couple of those up...Do they keep things cold well?

-Paul

Yes, they do keep things cold as well. And they come in all different sizes.

I brought mine a few times but never use it. They are great for AI where they will fill it up with beer or drinks for you...

Everytime someone mentions a Buba Keg, it reminds me of this one fellow that came to our roll call arranged Meet & Greet. He kept taking the small glasses of mixed Rum-punch from the waitress tray then uncapping his Buba Cup and pouring it in. By the end of the party, he had is Mug darn near topped-off. Needless to say, he probably didn't have to buy drinks for him or his wife for the rest of the day.

Both him and his wife were really nice people and seemed to be having a great time.

:):)

when we got married in Jamaica a few months ago we all had them, NOT because the cups they gave us drinks in were too small rather bc it was so hot they would be warm in less than 5 min and watered down from the ice melting. the bubba kegs kept the drinks COLD for hours. I use a 16 oz version at home for my coffee... wonderfully hot for a very long time.

Everytime someone mentions a Buba Keg, it reminds me of this one fellow that came to our roll call arranged Meet & Greet. He kept taking the small glasses of mixed Rum-punch from the waitress tray then uncapping his Buba Cup and pouring it in. By the end of the party, he had is Mug darn near topped-off. Needless to say, he probably didn't have to buy drinks for him or his wife for the rest of the day.

Both him and his wife were really nice people and seemed to be having a great time.

:):)

Thats an awesome idea! I might do that for the party at the end of the cruise. Is that the one with free booze?

I brought one along on our last cruise and I probably only used it once or twice outside of our room. I got tired of lugging it around. My next trip I'm probably leaving it at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought and brought one too on my last cruise and NEVER used it. We didn't make it up to Lido long enough for drinks to melt, the glasses/mugs on the ship worked well for us, and we didn't have to carry the Bubba keg around. It took up way too much room in my luggage and I kicked myself for packing it.

We have a couple of insulated tumblers with lids that we take. I think they are about 20 oz. and they keep all of our beverages cold and less like to spill if we sit them on the deck next to our chairs. Also, they take up very little room in the luggage.

We have 16 oz ones but they are tall with the skinny bottom to fit in vehicle drink holder compartments. We bought bottles from Bon Voyage so used them quite a bit. When packing, I stuff them full of socks, small or breakable things - extra sunglasses, etc., that way they aren't wasting so much space.

Thats an awesome idea! I might do that for the party at the end of the cruise. Is that the one with free booze?

No, this was for the arranged Meet and Greet that is set up through Carnival. Ours was for our Roll Call on the Legend. It was held in the Piano Bar the afternoon of our first sea day. We paid around $16 for 90 minutes of open bar. The liquor was flowing.......... The waitresses come around with pre-made cocktails such as rum punch, margaritas, wine etc...... and you just take as many as you want, as often as you want. You can also order beer or any drink of your choice with the exception of top-shelf.

It was a lot of fun. :)

Archived