MDR Options

ChiGal1962

I've just booked my first Celebrity cruise, going to the Panama Canal (first time) in November. I'll be traveling solo (also a first).

On my last two cruises, I have been on the "eat when you want" timing plan. It was nice, we could sit with other folks or not, but generally speaking, pretty much always went to dinner at 8:00. I was hoping to get the late seating for this cruise because a) I like to eat at that time and b) I rather like the idea of having a set table and wait staff for the cruise. However, that option is not available. I have been "wait listed", but am currently scheduled for the 6:00 seating.

Question is this... what are the odds that I will clear the wait list and get the late seating? Or am I better off going with Select dining and taking my chances with a different table each night? There is no way I can eat dinner at 6:00 - that's positively uncivilized :)

If your wait list does not come through before the cruise you can always go to the Maitre'D after you board and request a change. There's usually a long line of people doing this. They try their best to make everyone happy. If they can't then you might be able to opt for Select dining each night at 8 if it is not full. We did Select dining on our last cruise and had the same waiter most nights.

Archived