Soft Drinks brought to the ships

svetas74

Not 100% sure on 2 liter bottles. You can bring 12 pack or cases of pop or cases of water on board. You have to leave them in the original packaging. Meaning do not take individual bottles of water or pop out of the cases. They would then suspect tampering (adding alcohol to the bottles).

When boarding in Miami 3 years ago and Port Canaveral, FL last year, we were able to put a luggage tag on the cases and they were delivered to our stateroom. 2 weeks ago in Tampa, they would not allow us to do that. We had to carry the cases on board ourselves.

I am not sure about the two liters, but I had a 24 pk of Pepsi and a one of diet coke taped to heck with our room tag on it and there was no problem. I know it may not always be cost effective, but since cans are the thing that seems to be alright, might I suggest just getting some of those? I personally would freak without my soda so I used the tried and true methods :D!

We usually bring some Lipton Ice Tea and water onboard all in plastic bottles. We feel the plastic bottles are easier to travel with. We usually bring an extra rolling suitcase and place the bottles in that suitcase. Usually 10-12 small bottles of tea and the same amount of water, in a little larger bottle. We check it with our luggage at curbside and it arrives in our cabin later with the other luggage. Then we have an extra empty suit case for souveniers. However, I have seen many a passenger just walk on carrying a twelve pack of soda. In addition, I have seen passengers bring on entire cases of water and just slap a luggage tag on it and check it in with their luggage at the curb. Either way, you should have no problems. I think the extra drinks are essential to have in your cabin. Especially for late at night when you are thirsty and you would have to walk forever to get to a drink.

We brought 2 12 packs of soda with us on the Epic last week. We put our luggage tags on them, and they were delivered straight to the stateroom. The steward emptied the mini-bar for us and we kept 'em chilled in the fridge. :-)

We brought 2 12 packs of soda with us on the Epic last week. We put our luggage tags on them, and they were delivered straight to the stateroom. The steward emptied the mini-bar for us and we kept 'em chilled in the fridge. :-)

I mentioned this to a rep on the phone and they said all drinks must be in a bag or something.

We took 2 - 12 packs with us when we sailed on the Spirit in Oct. - we sailed out of NOLA, and we had to carry them they wouldn't let us check them with our baggage. We also just had our steward keep our ice bucket full, you always have clean glasses in your room! (Spirit doesn't have refrigerators in the balcony rooms). Looking forward to the Pearl in Dec. this year!

Hi everyone,

what is NCL's policy on brining on board bottles of Pop? Like 2 litter Pepsi or Coke when you board the ship.

Thank you very much!

i carried on a two liter in bermuda this past year:) it had even already been opened and no one said a thing! you should be fine!

Can you get glasses with ice at the bars and lounges if you bring your own soda on board?

There are glasses in your cabin and the steward will keep your ice bucket filled so that you can easily drink soda in your cabin.

When we want to drink our own soda outside our cabin we put it and ice in a thermal cup that we bring in our luggage, and then we take the thermal cup of soda and ice with us to wherever we want to drink the soda.

You can also buy an NCL logo thermal cup/glass in one of the shops aboard ship. It makes a nice souvenir as well as being practical aboard.

Personally I think it would be a bit tacky to expect the bars to give you ice for your own sodas when they're trying to make money by selling sodas and drinks.

Archived