First 2 days in port-does check in close?

simon stingray

I was just looking at a Cruise on Silhouette in October and the itinerary shows that whilst the cruise commences on 23 october, the ship does not depart from the embarkation port (Venice) until 17.00 on 24 October.

This is a great opportunity to see Venice but I was wondering if there is a time when check in would close on 23rd or would we be able to arrive on a late flight and check in sometime late evening on the 23rd or even on 24th.

I know we would loose some of our cruise time but there are no direct flights to Venice from our home airport (we have to connect at London, Frankfurt or Amsterdam) and this means we would only arrive in Venice late afternoon or evening, and we don't really want to fly in a day earlier and have to book a hotel as 11 days off work is already stretching things (wish X had more 7 night Europe cruises) :(

Yes, you can come and go as you please after you check in, but the inquiry was about the check-in desk being open is a bit different. To check in, turn in your XPress pass, register your credit card, get your photo taken for your SeaPass card, have your luggage go through security, all of that is PROBABLY only available during the stated check-in times for your cruise. The question of what would happen if you showed up at say, ten p.m. is the issue. Would there be anyone there who could check you in for the cruise? Doubtful. Is there anyone out there with personal experience of checking in outside of the stated times at this port?

We are on this same trip - we did not want to fly a day earlier either, but I was concerned about what would happen if our flight was delayed. My travel agent told me there would not be a problem (She really knows her stuff so I do trust her)

You should probably confirm with a Celebrity representative, but we are doing the June 26 Silhouette cruise which also starts with an overnight in Venice, and when I pointed out that I would be taking off a lot of time from work the Captain's Club rep pointed out that I would just need to get there by June 27 before the ship leaves.

In addition, when you missed the start of a cruise you are always permitted to get on later (which my brother has had to do), so you probably don't need to worry.

You should probably confirm with a Celebrity representative, but we are doing the June 26 Silhouette cruise which also starts with an overnight in Venice, and when I pointed out that I would be taking off a lot of time from work the Captain's Club rep pointed out that I would just need to get there by June 27 before the ship leaves.

In addition, when you missed the start of a cruise you are always permitted to get on later (which my brother has had to do), so you probably don't need to worry.

Thanks for all you replies. I think you are correct Eightydays, you can catch up with the ship if you miss it so they must have the facility to check passengers in onboard.

I guess that a member of security would accompany late passengers to the Guest Relations Desk where all the formalities are completed.

DebbieMacG-we will definitely join your roll call if we do book this sailing:)

Archived