LIVE fron the APRIL 1st CARIBBEAN PRINCESS- PICS and REVIEW

MDSue

Oh' date=' those awful stern facing staterooms... Why would anyone chose one of those horrible rooms?[/quote']

I don't know, but maybe I'll be lucky enough to find out one day. I think a wraparound balcony would be even dreamier, but sadly, probably out of my budget.

One last installment before I go to bed for the night. I mentioned the "Ultimate Deck Party" a while back and these are a few, not so good, shots I took. Our tablemates had a blast dancing to the music and line dance routines.

Dominica2012007.jpg

the crew was having a blast, too- so energetic and fun

Dominica2012011.jpg

Dominica2012017.jpg

everyone got streamers to throw on que and they dropped from the air also. It was pretty cool looking.

Dominica2012016.jpg

good night and see you tomorrow evening with new uploads

ok I'll bite I have one of those horrible rooms for the next two weeks. what is so bad about them that I did not know about?

Marsha

he's kidding- they are the ultimate rooms to have from what I've heard!

Is anyone having trouble viewing the pics I've posted?

When I tried at work today there was a message from Photobucket (the hosting site I'm using) that I've exeeded the maximum bandwidth. I've had no problem viewing them from my home computer.

If there are problems with the viewing, I can switch to a different photohosting site that uses less bandwidth. The pics just won't be as big.

Susan

Is anyone having trouble viewing the pics I've posted?

When I tried at work today there was a message from Photobucket (the hosting site I'm using) that I've exeeded the maximum bandwidth. I've had no problem viewing them from my home computer.

If there are problems with the viewing, I can switch to a different photohosting site that uses less bandwidth. The pics just won't be as big.

Susan

Only picture posted was the CB with the monkey.............others just the photobucket message.

Sorry Sue...when I Looked back I only saw 1 picture of the ultimate deck party and 2 photobucket notices. If you posted more than 1 pic of the deck party can you repost. Thanks.

The messages are telling me I need to sign up for their "professional" status now. Great!, I never figured my hobby would start to cost me, but if it's not too expensive, I'll go ahead and sign up cause I hate for my pics to be blocked. I'll check it out after work today to see what I can do. If no luck, I'll just switch to another photo-hosting site.

Susan

Sorry Sue...when I Looked back I only saw 1 picture of the ultimate deck party and 2 photobucket notices. If you posted more than 1 pic of the deck party can you repost. Thanks.

Photobucket has chosen to block my pictures because they had too many views. I posted three or four pics of the "Ultimate Deck Party". I'm going to try and fix the problem when I get home after work today, and if I can't I'll repost from another photo-site.

The messages are telling me I need to sign up for their "professional" status now. Great!, I never figured my hobby would start to cost me, but if it's not too expensive, I'll go ahead and sign up cause I hate for my pics to be blocked. I'll check it out after work today to see what I can do. If no luck, I'll just switch to another photo-hosting site.

Susan

We had the same issues with Photobucket, you have to upgrade to the PRO account. Its like $40 for 2 years? ;)

We had the same issues with Photobucket, you have to upgrade to the PRO account. Its like $40 for 2 years? ;)

That's not too bad, I'm going to check it out when I get home- the site is blocked at work

Okay, I just paid Photobucket to bring my pictures back so hopefully they will return. I seems like between the Internet problems on the ship and now my photo-hosting site problems, I am fighting a losing battle to share pictures. But I'm not going to give up easily, so here goes another try.

I promised St, Thomas today, but I don't think I shared my sail-away pics yet so I'm going to try them first.

It took over an hour to back out of our berth in San Juan and then slowly turn around to sail past El Morro and out to sea. No matter how tired you are, this is a sight not to miss. We watched from my favorite area on deck 15 aft. You could see ar least 180 degrees from here. My pictures don't do the view justice, you really need to see in person

The Carnival Victory departed right before us. It is beautiful all lit up at night. They left around 10:30 p.m. The Adventure must have left around 8 or 8:30 and we missed seeing them depart.

CaribbeanPrincess2010.jpg

This is a night view of Condado while leaving the port

CaribbeanPrincess2005-1.jpg

Here is a shot of downtown Old San Juan

CaribbeanPrincess2021.jpg

This is a view of El Morro al lit up at night- my picture isn't that good though.

CaribbeanPrincess2028.jpg

This view is what I waited weeks for- two working propulsion systems on the back of the ship. After weeks of worrying if our ship would be fully repaired for our trtip- this view made my day!

CaribbeanPrincess2019.jpg

I've been to St, Thomas a few times and always went to Coki Beach. Last year, we did the sea lion swim at Coral World and loved it. This year we decided to try a new beach and went to Sapphire Beach. I found it to be quite nice overall. We snorkelled and hung out for a few hours before heading back to Charlotte Amalie to shop

Here's a few pics of Sapphire Beach. It was a little crowded right by the main drop off area, but if you walked down a little, it was peaceful, and uncrowded.

StThomas2012344.jpg

StThomas2012348.jpg

StThomas2012352.jpg

StThomas2012022.jpg

StThomas2012023.jpg

Awesome Photos and i have loved ready about your journey!!

Well Done.

Let me know if you are ever going to cruise down under.

Thanks, I am so glad my pics are viewable again! I would love to cruise "down under" but not sure when my budget will allow. It is on my bucket list!

Edited by MDSue

Thanks for the great photos, considering the Caribbean. What room did you have (number)?

We were in B210 which was very far forward just a little bit back and under the bridge. Quite a few of my pictures from our balcony have the bridge in it (like the night shot of Condado).

They say the middle of the ship is best so you are close to everything on the ship, but we didn't mind being up front. We always book the port side, but it was hit or miss each day which side had the better views.

Edited by MDSue

The wildlife wasn't too shy at Sapphire Beach. We had quite a few feathered friends who came by our beach chairs looking for crumbs including this pretty duck.

StThomas2012026.jpg

I went off the find a cheeseburger (between two buildings a little bit down on the right). They were a little pricy but good and made to order. When I came back to our chairs with my burger, there were a crowd of people around the tree we were sitting under. This guy was hungry and came down for a visit. He hung around for lots of photo ops before grabbing a large piece of bread crumbs and then climbed back up the tree where he lounged for the rest of the day

StThomas2012356.jpg

I took quite a few fish shots in the water, but they could use a little photo-shopping before I post, but this is a pic of a rather large fish that hung around the reef I was snorkelling

StThomas2012213.jpg

Here's one more little guy

StThomas2012154.jpg

A few more beach shots:

StThomas2012346.jpg

StThomas2012041.jpg

When we shop in Charlottle Amalie, I like to go down an alley way called "Palm Passage." This is where many of the local artist sell their paintings and crafts. It is right off the main street and fairly easy to find. It's not well labelled though, but if you ask anyone they can tell you where to find it:

StThomas2012361-1.jpg

For thise who need to see another ship picture, these were taken at the Crown Bay port in St. Thomas:

StThomas2012362.jpg

StThomas2012364.jpg